Supercell is a mobile game developer based in the mobile gaming capital of the world, Helsinki, with offices in San Francisco, Seoul, and Shanghai – all great cities with super talented and super nice people. Supercell was founded on three core beliefs: “The Best People Make the Best Games”, “Small and independent cells”, and lastly “Games that people will play for years”. Thus, our job is to craft games played by millions of people all over the world, and since our founding in 2010, we have brought five games to the market – Hay Day, Clash of Clans, Boom Beach, Clash Royale, and Brawl Stars. To familiarize yourself with Supercell, please visit http://supercell.com/en/.
Supercell is looking for a DevOps Trainee to join their team in Helsinki to migrate parts of their current monitoring infrastructure to the new technology stack. In this position, you will be responsible for implementing migration tools that will convert existing dashboards to a new platform. The job will require knowledge of Linux operating systems, shell scripting and package management. Previous programming experience can be beneficial. However, you don’t have to be an experienced DevOps guru right away – your drive and motivation to learn will take you far!
The ideal person for this role has a relevant educational background from computer science or similar. Furthermore we hope you have gained some previous experience from e.g. summer job, internships, or personal/school projects. To succeed in this role you will need to proactively try different approaches to find solutions for various use cases. What matters the most is your eagerness to learn more and willingness to grow towards your full potential. This is a great opportunity to gain relevant work experience and kickstart your career.
- Relevant educational background (e.g. computer science or similar)
- Proactive attitude and good problem solving skills
- Knowledge of Linux operating systems, shell scripting and package management
- Proficiency in English, both oral and written
Knowledge of and interest in the following is seen as an advantage:
- Monitoring of server environments
- Skills in Prometheus & Grafana
- Experience in Java, JRuby and/or Python
- Interest in AWS cloud platform
- Knowledge of Munin
- Basic understanding of operating system and database metrics and logging
- A genuine interest in games (experience of Supercell’s games is a big plus!)
Why you will love it at Supercell:
- The opportunity to work with an amazing, service-minded, skilled team and have fun at work
- Easy-going, enthusiastic, open, and at the same time a very results-driven culture
- An opportunity to follow closely the game industry and development of next-generation mobile games
- Versatile job and supportive professional colleagues who boost your development
- Great office facilities (including usage of an office gym, with guided exercising classes as soon as the circumstances allow this) and location in Helsinki
- Flexibility considering working hours and times if needed
Got excited about this opportunity? Let’s get things going! Send your CV and cover letter at the latest on May 23th, 2021 via our application system. In your application documents, please mention your earliest possible starting date and salary request. Please note that the position will be filled as soon as the right candidate has been found.
This is a fixed-term 2-3 months paid internship, and you will be employed as an aTalent employee at Supercell. You will mainly work at Supercell’s Helsinki office but you will also have a possibility to work remotely after you are familiar with the task.
What is the recruitment process like from now on?
1. Submitting your application to aTalent
2. Interviews by Supercell
3. Final decisions on the new DevOps Trainee
For more information about the recruitment process and the position please contact aTalent’s Recruitment Manager Mikko Lahti (mikko.lahti(at)atalent.fi or +358 400 495 946).