VaasaETT is a leading energy consultancy, specialized in complex retail and consumer-centric energy issues in over 80 markets around the world. For over twenty years we have provided advisory services & data analytics to multinationals, energy retailers, governmental institutions, multilateral agencies, and other stakeholders. We are among the few firms in the world to have tracked every fully liberalised electricity market, and most gas markets, since they were first opened to competition. Since inception, we have also kept a strong focus on the consumer perspective. We have worked across Europe, APAC, and North America, with engagements in Latin America and the MENA region. We are pleased to have served over 150 clients over our tenure. Recent clients have included Fortum, IKEA, E.ON, OMERS, Swiss Life and The European Commission. VaasaETT has 20 employees, a large number of associate experts, and is headquartered in Helsinki, Finland, with office in Thessaloniki, Greece. Key partners are based across Europe, Australia and the United States.
VaasaETT, a leading energy consultancy, specialized in complex retail and consumer-centric energy issues in over 80 markets around the world, is looking to hire an Energy Analyst, based at their Helsinki office. You will join VaasaETT’s I&C Energy Procurement Strategy team and provide analytical (non-engineer) support for network connection contracting for large commercial customers. Your primary tasks will involve project-based consulting for different clients, reporting, data analysis and visualizing data. In this role you will get to work with truly international clientele, develop your skills regarding analytics and become a professional regarding energy sector. If this sounds like something you would enjoy, keep reading!
The role will include:
- Supporting the development and execution of a comprehensive energy procurement strategy for VaasaETT’s clients
- Discussing and negotiating electricity supply contracts that reduce cost, minimize risk and leverage opportunities that benefit VaasaETT’s clients
- Synthesizing quantitative and qualitative findings into informative and easy-to-understand deliverables to our clients
- Understanding the fundamentals of power markets operations, power purchase agreements and how energy policies can affect corporate purchasing strategy
- Understanding how businesses make decisions on energy procurement in complex, competitive and fast changing energy markets
- Work closely with the analysts in our I&C Energy Procurement Strategy team to identify opportunities in energy procurement that benefit VaasaETT’s clients
Our ideal candidate for the position is someone who has an active attitude and a curious mindset. You are comfortable cooperating closely with customers (senior, even C-level) and skilled when it comes to “telling a story” with data. Also your communication and negotiation skills are strong. The length and the workload of the projects vary but you have a flexible attitude and don’t mind occasional tight deadlines or work in the evening if customer’s time zone requires that. Even though you work efficiently you always pay close attention to details. It’s important that you are a self-starter but you also enjoy teamwork. When it comes to your previous experience, you should have a relevant degree and already some work experience regarding analytics to back you up. Experience regarding energy markets is seen as extremely beneficial.
We require you to have:
- Relevant master’s degree (for example economics, business or environmental economics)
- Earlier work experience regarding data-analytics and market research
- Excellent written and spoken English skills
- Detail-oriented and highly organized way of working
- Ability to handle tight schedules and a changing workload
- Ability to occasionally work in the evening (customers on different time zones)
- Ability to travel for business
We consider as an asset:
- Additional language skills
- Experience regarding energy markets
We can offer you:
- Truly international work community
- Versatile position that allows you to challenge your skills
- Chance to learn about consultancy as well as energy sector
- Some European business travel
- Possibility to continue to at the end of the fixed term (depending on availability and performance)
- Competitive salary
In this position you will be employed directly to VaasaETT. This is a full-time fixed term position with an opportunity to extend the contract (potentially to permanent) according to the project’s and company’s needs. We can only accept applications from those residing in Finland or with the right to reside and work in Finland and able to start within few weeks of being recruited. VaasaETT is an equal opportunities employer.
Did you get interested? Please submit your application letter (including salary request and first possible start date) and CV by 7th June via our application system here: https://apply.atalent.fi/vaasaett-energy-analyst-5-2020. Please notice that we might proceed with the recruitment process already during the application period.
You can familiarize yourself with VaasaETT here: https://www.vaasaett.com/. For more information contact aTalent’s Recruitment Manager Lisa Jokinen (+358 50 599 1835, lisa.jokinen[ät]atalent.fi).