Woodio is a Finnish design-oriented material technology company, established in 2016. Woodio’s proprietary material is the world’s first 100% waterproof solid wood composite that consists of real wood chips. The material innovation and design was recognized in April 2019, when Woodio won the Design Plus powered by ISH award organized by German Design Council. Woodio is here to change the traditional bathroom material norms into more ecological and inspiring. Woodio products have significantly lower carbon footprint, throughout the whole product lifecycle, than current solutions. Recently Metsä Group’s innovation company Metsä Spring Ltd has joined Woodio with an equity investment as a part of a €4 million financing round. For Woodio, this will not only bring financial stability but also a partnership that means significant new resources in R&D and production development.
Woodio is now looking for a Project Sales Manager responsible for new market development and sales in the Nordics with a focus in Sweden for their ecological design products. In this position you will be in charge of the whole B2B sales process from prospecting to closing for large construction and hotel projects. Your customers are for example architect agencies and hotel and real estate managers. In your daily work you will research potential projects using Byggfakta, contact and meet customers and present the products to close the deal. You also take care of after sales and make sure the orders are delivered according to contract. The length of the sales processes usually vary between 2-6 months.
Your main sales region is Sweden and your work includes also travelling in other Nordic countries. Therefore, you are preferably based in Sweden but your exact location can be negotiated. As Woodio’s main team is located in Helsinki Finland, this a suitable role for an entrepreneurial-minded person willing to work independently. Yet Woodio’s team is ready to give you their support and a thorough orientation to the company, products and systems to get you started. Woodio has a sales team of three in Finland and a retail partner in Sweden, so despite the independent nature of your daily work, you are not left alone.
As an ideal candidate, you have experience of the different stages of B2B sales process and preferably knowledge of design / construction / furniture industry. You know how to negotiate, how to close a deal and how to cultivate client relationships. We require fluent skills in Swedish and in English as these are your main working languages.
What Woodio offers you:
- Challenging and exciting job opportunity in a growing material technology and design company
- Freedom to genuinely contribute to your own role and Woodio’s growth as an international company
- Good orientation, sales materials and tools to get your sales started (e.g., Byggfakta to project prospecting)
- Opportunity to become a key person at Woodio
- Competitive compensation model based on your performance and a possibility to discuss the model and targets that would motivate you best
What we require:
- Experience and track record in B2B sales and preferably some relevant industry knowledge (design / construction / furniture)
- Suitable study background (e.g., Bachelor or Masters degree in Business)
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills
- Ability to work independently
- Fluent skills in Swedish and in English (written and spoken)
- A driver’s license as the work requires frequent travelling to customer meetings
We consider as an asset:
- Interest towards innovative design and previous experience working with design products
- Skills in Finnish
Are you Woodio’s new Project Sales Manager? Please submit your application letter and CV in English by latest on the 19th of August, 2019 here: https://apply.atalent.fi/woodio-oy-project-sales-manager-swedish-speaking-8-2019 Please mention your salary request and possible starting date in your application documents. In this position you will be employed directly to Woodio Ltd.
You can familiarize yourself with Woodio and find out more about their innovation from https://www.woodio.fi/, Instagram and Facebook. For more information about the recruitment process you can contact aTalent’s Recruitment Manager Vilma Järvinen (+358 50 466 4795, vilma.jarvinen[at]atalent.fi) on 9th of August during 1-2pm (EEST) and Recruitment Manager Mikko Lahti (+358 40 049 5946, mikko.lahti[at]atalent.fi) on 13th of August during 3-4pm (EEST) and 16th of August during 2-3pm (EEST).