Biomensio is an innovative biotechnology company headquartered in Tampere Finland with an office also in Espoo. We develop highly scalable multiplexing Lab-on-a-chip devices that render results in minutes on-site. More than ever, the marketplace is driven by the goal of creating diagnostics that can be used by health-care professionals at all skill levels, deliver automated results in minutes instead of days, and be deployed anywhere. At the moment Biomensio employs 9 professionals and is going to grow significantly in the coming years.
Biomensio is looking for a Sensor Design Engineer with a curious and analytical mindset to work in their recently established sensor development team in Espoo. In this R&D-oriented position, you will be developing Biomensio’s sensor further to meet its application requirements even better. This position is not limited to designing and characterization but will also focus on the performance of the sensor as well as developing new applications for it. You need to work comfortably with CAD-tools, simulations, and data-analysis in order to create designs and analyze the performance of the sensor. You are not in this alone but will be working in close cooperation with suppliers and partners and the rest of the sensor development team. Overall, the sensor development team is responsible for the development of a mass sensitive transducer chips based on patented Solidly Mounted Resonator (SMR) technology combined with Application Specific Integrated Circuit (ASIC).
You will succeed in this position if you are a self-motivated doer who is open to new ideas and feedback. You enjoy working in an ever-changing startup environment where your role is not set to stone and is experimental by nature. You are passionate about contributing to the growth of the company and ready to commit to the shared goals in long term. You can be in the beginning of your career or a more experienced talent, as long as you have a solid understanding regarding microelectromechanical systems (e.g. via studies or work). What comes to your working style you find it important to fulfill customer needs. In this role you will collaborate tightly with suppliers, partners and other team members, e.g. chemists and engineers and therefore the ability to communicate with people from different backgrounds is valued as well as an ability to understand the basics of biotechnology.
We require you to:
- Have a M.Sc. or PhD degree in electronics or physics.
- Have experience regarding working with microelectromechanical systems
- Have experience regarding simulation (for example Comsol Multiphysics, Ansys) and data-analysis (for example Matlab)
- Have an entrepreneurial attitude and willingness to explore new things with a multidisciplinary team
- Be fluent in English
We consider as an asset:
- Understanding a bit of spoken Finnish
- Industrial work experience
- Knowledge regarding quality management systems such as ISO 9001 or ISO13485
- Programming skills, for example Python
We can offer you:
- An opportunity to build your role and direct it to match your interest and strengths
- A multidisciplinary product and team with a unique combination of bioelectronics, software and sensor development
- An opportunity to develop a truly meaningful technology which improves e.g. patient monitoring, drug diagnostics and food safety
- An independent and responsible role in a startup environment in the heart of Otaniemi, Espoo.
- An opportunity to be a central part of growing the company and taking it from R&D phase to commercialisation
In this position you will be employed directly to Biomensio.
Does this sound like your next career opportunity? Submit your CV, cover letter, and your latest transcript of records latest on May 23rd, 2019. You may apply for the position here: https://apply.atalent.fi/biomensio-sensor-design-engineer-5-2019. Please convert your application documents into PDF format.
To familiarize yourself with Biomensio, please visit http://www.biomensio.com/. For more information about the recruitment process contact aTalent’s Recruitment Manager Lisa Jokinen (+358505991835, lisa.jokinen[at]atalent.fi).