We are a fintech company that offers tailored investment management software solutions for asset managers, private banks and family offices. We are a growing international company and the leading provider of the industry in Northern Europe. We have a wide expertise in the financial and technology sector, and we constantly develop our software to ensure to always offer the best solution in the market. At the moment, our team consist of 50 employees and due to our growth, we are constantly looking for new experts to join our crew.
FA Solutions is now looking for a Software Developer to join the multicultural team of experts. As a part of our internal core product development team you will contribute to the development of our software platform’s new version and its features in general. Responsibilities are divided between the team members flexibly depending on individual skills and interests. Usually, a product manager plans the road-map and functionality requirements on a higher level, and we plan the project timelines and detailed execution together as a team. We also use code review to check each other’s work and demo sessions on each Friday to see the concrete results of our work.
You enjoy programming and you are always ready to learn new things from your colleagues as well as independently. You want to give your own contribution as we aim to improve our product continuously to offer the best solution on the market. This is the right job for you, if you prefer to commit to one project and concentrate on developing the core product persistently. With us you will get a possibility to challenge yourself and continuously develop as a professional. Along with advancing your skills in programming, you have a chance to familiarize yourself with our DevOps practices, if this interests you.
You can be a recently graduated developer who has gained knowledge through studies and own projects or you might already have a few years of work experience. If you are still finishing your studies this fall, we can also discuss about the option of part-time work in the beginning of the contract.
We are looking for a person who has:
- A strong skill base with Java
- Knowledge of SQL databases
- Fluent communication skills in English
- A relevant educational background (e.g. computer science) or self-taught skills with a variety of own projects to show and enthusiasm towards programming
We consider as an advantage:
- Knowledge of open source frameworks such as Vaadin, Spring Framework, Hibernate, Drools and Activiti
- Language skills in Finnish and / or Swedish
We can offer you:
- Flexibility of a startup with the stability of an established company
- Low hierarchy, everyone can influence on things
- As a dynamic growth company, we can offer you challenging work, where you won’t get bored, can learn and advance in your career
- The best office location in Kamppi, Helsinki, but also flexible remote work possibilities
- No need to travel around to meet customers in the product development team
- Excellent benefits and you can choose your own work devices
If you feel like we’d be a great match, you know what to do! Send us a short cover letter, where you tell about your motivation to this position, and your CV through this https://apply.atalent.fi/fa-solutions-software-developer-junior-10-2018 as soon as possible, but at the latest by 18th October. Please also mention earliest possible starting date for you and your salary request in the cover letter. We look forward to seeing some samples of your code as well (e.g. link to your GitHub-profile or your portfolio).
Find out more about people and career at FA Solutions at https://fasolutions.com/company/careers/. For more detailed information regarding the position or the recruitment process, please contact aTalent’s Recruitment Manager Lisa Jokinen (+358 50 599 1835, lisa.jokinen[at]atalent.fi).