Botlabs is a Finnish engineering company, which both designs its own products and implements demanding product development projects for clients. We are particularly good at issues related to data security, software robotics, test automation, DevOps and software development. Excellence in our field allows our clients to trust us when products and solutions are needed to make people’s work easier and more automated, which is also rooted in our slogan “Humanize Your Workflow”.
People who have the ability to think outside the box and the desire to bring new ideas to the table prosper at Botlabs. At the heart of our core business is the expertise of our people and our commitment to working together. We have comfortable and ergonomic facilities and modern tools. We offer good benefits and organize events where people can get to know each other. We are a fair and flexible employer that makes decisions with common sense, and by listening to people.
Botlabs is looking for a Test Automation Engineer for client projects! Botlabs is growing fast so now it is a great time to join the company since there will be a lot to do now and in the future. You’ll get to work on versatile client projects together with highly experienced colleagues as well as with client team members. There’s also a possibility for a rotation between different projects. However, you’ll get to focus on one project at a time. Clients are typically large companies and organizations – read more about e.g. Cooperation between Botlabs and the City of Oulu and Cooperation with Destia.
You’ll work at our clients’ offices either in the Oulu area or in southern Finland. Botlabs is currently expanding to the Helsinki metropolitan area. During these exceptional circumstances, we are working mostly remotely. You’ll work in 3-month periods on one project after which you can choose whether you want to continue or switch to another project. As your expertise grows, you may also be placed in a Lead Quality Assurance role – if you wish.
Your responsibility is to help clients to make their development lifecycle more efficient by planning, establishing, and further developing test automation procedures. You’ll be involved in various test automation procedures related to the whole QA of each client. Your daily tasks consist of scripting the test automation scripts with e.g. Python and utilizing, for instance, Jenkins as well as reporting and documenting accordingly. You’ll be developing automation on different levels from feature, integration, system to e2e tests.
We are looking for a Test Automation Engineer who’s skilled with Python and has at least 1-2 years of experience in manual testing or test automation. We hope you feel comfortable working directly with the client and you have a flexible attitude to be able to work in a dynamic environment where projects change regularly. We are also open for applicants who are interested in working through their own company as a freelancer.
We hope you to have:
- Strong programming skills with Python
- Experience in some version control system and Jenkins
- Minimum 1-2 years of work experience in testing and/or test automation
- Ability to take ownership and work both independently and as part of a team
- Fluent communication skills in English (both written and spoken)
We see as an advantage:
- Skills with other programming languages
- Skills with test automation tools (e.g. Robot framework)
- Finnish language skills
We can offer you:
- A chance to grow into a stellar test automation expert
- A possibility to work in versatile projects and rotation into different projects – you won’t be bored!
- A youthful and low-hierarchy work environment where people enjoy working at.
- Opportunity for career development within the company according to your interests, for example in the direction of software development or lead positions
- A competitive salary where 49% of client invoicing will contribute to your gross salary. There’s also a possibility of a stock option.
- Good employment benefits, such as lunch and culture benefits, comprehensive occupational health services including dental care, and modern tools and device
- Flexible working hours and the opportunity for remote work. However, in some client projects, you need to work also at the client’s premises.
In this position you will be employed directly to Botlabs Oy. Please note that security clearance and drug testing may be included in the recruitment process.
Does this sound like your next career step? Please submit your application letter and CV in PDF form by the latest 2nd of December via our application system here: https://apply.atalent.fi/botlabs-oy-test-automation-engineer-11-2020. Please also mention your salary request and the earliest possible starting date in your application documents. If you have a LinkedIn, GitHub, Stack Overflow, or similar profile, please also link them to your CV. Remember to use the application system, we do not accept applications by email.
You can familiarize yourself with Botlabs here: https://botlabs.fi/en/home/. For more information about the recruitment process contact aTalent’s Recruitment Manager Miili Reponen (0504754889, miili.reponen[ät]atalent.fi).