SOMA is a blockchain-powered Market Network that combines the best elements of both social networks and marketplaces. Our peer-to-peer social marketplace provides a more authentic, efficient, and personalized transaction experience.
Our blockchain protocol allows tracking of history and authenticity of goods while merchants can sell those goods on our platform. SOMA’s peer-to-peer model enables a more direct exchange than do incumbent marketplaces, shortening the value chain between the original producer of an item and its final owner.
SOMA is a high-potential growth company that is looking for a new key person, Lead Developer, to join their team and work on their blockchain-powered Market Network. SOMA was established in 2016 and right now they are piloting their platform as a marketplace for premium watches. However, the goal is to make the service scalable so in the future it could be used for various products in different markets such as art, cars and other luxury products where the authenticity of the product is valued by consumers. Check out SOMA’s website to see what they have been doing so far: https://soma.co/!
When starting as a Lead Developer you would first focus on developing the online marketplace further, creating new features, such as the blockchain-based provenance protocol and logistics integrations, and enhancing the overall user experience by strengthening the core features of the marketplace. Though your main responsibility is leading the team and making sure that projects are moving forward you’ll also be able to contribute to programming. In the future, the focus would be on making the marketplace scalable for different clients’ needs. You’ll work as a lead for other developers, delegate tasks and manage ongoing projects. You’d take care of roadmapping, scheduling, and quality standards. Architectural choices would also be on your plate. There are currently six members in SOMA’s development team, four of them working overseas as subcontractors and two in Finland. In total, there are four people working in the Helsinki office, and one of them is the current CTO with whom you’d work very closely in the beginning. You would be working mainly in Finland but the position requires willingness to travel and flexibility with working times because of time differences.
From this role, there are many development paths that you could follow as soon as you are ready for it, for example to the role of CTO. One thing is for sure: in this position, you can definitely take as much responsibility as you can handle, impact on the company’s technology, culture, and strategy execution, and be a part of creating something completely new!
What we hope you to have?
- Eagerness to grow together with the start-up company: ambitious and result-oriented attitude and willingness to take responsibility
- Project management abilities: solid follow-up & time management skills, and flexibility
- Basic understanding and willingness to dig deeper on blockchain technology, cloud computing, machine learning & AI
- Proficiency in REST API development
- Experience and good skills on relational databases: SQL, MySQL
- A few years of relevant work experience from programming or software development
- Willingness to travel occasionally to India and to the USA
- Proficiency in English
What is considered as an asset?
- Education from a relevant field (e.g. IT, technical)
- Previous experience from a lead position
SOMA offers you:
- Possibility to grow in your role and broaden your responsibilities as much as you desire
- A chance to deepen your knowledge in blockchain technology, machine learning, and AI, and became an expert in them
- Competitive compensation and later a possibility for stock option and partnership
- Onboarding program and sparring from highly experienced colleagues
- Possibility to work remotely
- Devices of your choice
- Great office facilities and a location in the heart of Helsinki
Got interested in this position? Please send your CV and cover letter in PDF no later than 18.7.2019 here: https://apply.atalent.fi/soma-lead-developer-blockchain-technology-7-2019. If you have a LinkedIn, GitHub, Stack Overflow, or similar profile, please also link them to your CV. We’ll go through the applications already during the application period, so apply as soon as possible!
In this position you will be employed directly to SOMA.
For further questions and more information on the recruitment process and the position contact aTalent’s Recruitment Manager Anna Kerava (+358 44 204 9486, anna.kerava[at]atalent.fi).