For over 25 years, Epic Games has been making award-winning games and game engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that brings environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, but it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Epic Games Finland provides live services to over 80 online multiplayer PC games in collaboration with over 43 game studios. Their suite of Gamer Services in Game Security, Game Telemetry and Game Community target the live management of player engagement, and empower developers and publishers to make the right decisions in their games 24/7, with ease. Our services build upon the existing infrastructure that already serves over 100 million users and gives us unmatched ability to provide state of the art tools for the PC gaming industry.
Epic Games is adding a Senior Frontend Engineer to work across the stack with a focus on Epic’s customer-facing portals. You’ll work with the Epic team based to develop and maintain responsive front-end and user-centered experiences. The core of the frontend stack is based on React, but we are constantly adopting new technologies and practices if we find them useful.
- Develop new features and maintain the existing codebase
- Cooperate with backend engineers to expand API endpoints (or implement them yourself)
- Identify emerging complexity, and offer solutions to simplify code design
- Deliver great user experiences to the world’s leading game studios
- Performance improvement and security hardening of web applications
- Provide input for production/live release control process
- Communicate technical risks across the teams
- Experience with the design, execution, and deployment of large React applications
- Experience with state machines and/or RxJS
- Understanding of functional programming principles and their role in React applications
- Commitment to writing maintainable and understandable code
- Experience with unit testing React applications
- Willingness to learn from and teach fellow teammates
What Epic Games offers:
Epic Games Finland offers an opportunity to work in one of the premier game studios in the world. The work is challenging with great opportunities to learn and apply your skills. You’ll get the chance to become part of industry groups and collaborate with the great minds with many of our varying partner organizations in the gaming industry. You’ll also get to work internationally with trips to conferences. At Epic we give you the freedom to do your work when and how you like, as long as it is done well. We have a relaxed and flexible working environment at our awesome office space in Ruoholahti. We also provide an excellent insurance coverage with private health and dental care.
Sounds good? If you’re the person we’re looking for, send your CV, application and relevant samples (Github link etc.) of your projects here: https://apply.atalent.fi/epic-games-finland-senior-frontend-engineer-game-services-11-2018 by December 2nd the latest.
You can read more about Epic Games Finland here: https://www.kamu.gg/acquisition/. If you have questions about the application process, please contact Recruitment Manager Mia Paatsalo (mia.paatsalo[at]atalent.fi +358 50 468 0610).
This is going to be Epic!