We have a small team that has built a big business with over 20 million shoppers in the United States visiting our site in 2017 alone. The business journal Kauppalehti named DealDash the Finnish growth company of the year 2013 and now our turnover is as much as 50 million EUR.
We develop our business at a brisk pace and we nurture open communication, so in any role there are opportunities to work on things you are excited about. However, we are not looking for a complete package of expertise in any field, rather someone that can use their curious and analytical personality for passionate work generating strong results.
As part of the recent merger we are looking for an Assistant Controller to join our finance team in Helsinki. This is a perfect opportunity for someone who is looking to start their career in a multifaceted finance function and gain a broad range experience. Any prior experience in a similar role is appreciated but not required.
As an Assistant Controller, you will work closely together with our Head of Finance in a role that brings true value to our company. This is a dynamic hands-on role, and you will engage stakeholders such as top management, accounting agencies, legal counsel, procurement team, payroll agencies, and vendors. We are offering you the chance to join our small and innovative team in Helsinki for a full-time, permanent position. We’re a dynamic company that will let you adopt your own approach to work with a lot of flexibility and freedom. Data is a big deal at DealDash, and you will be providing key information in the form of our financial accounting, helping us make huge decisions that determine the future of the company!
This is a perfect role for you interested in a career-defining opportunity in a high-tech growth company!
- Preparing the financial accounting for the company
- Producing monthly financial statements and board materials
- Payroll processing
- Accounts payable processing
- Preparation of the general ledger
- Balance sheet reconciliations
Some potential tasks:
- Inventory and COGS processing, analysis, and reporting
- Point person for accounting agencies in Finland and the US
- Reconciliation of intercompany transactions and verification of transfer pricing documentation
- Analyzing data, looking for trends, spotting opportunities for savings and efficiency
- Opportunity to participate in diverse financial projects
Qualifications & Experience:
- A bachelor’s degree in accounting/finance or related field
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Project management and teamwork skills
- Solid Excel skills
- Knowledge of transaction and accounting practices
- Understanding of AP and AR
- Basic understanding of financial statements
- Solid command of English, which is the working language
We’re looking to fill this role immediately, so please apply ASAP! Please send your CV and application letter in PDF-form by 20.5. here: https://apply.atalent.fi/dealdash-assistant-controller-5-2018.
If you have any questions about the position or the application process, please contact Recruitment Manager Hanna Väisänen (hanna.vaisanen[at]atalent.fi, 040 584 5425).