IDcontrol Oy is a Finnish privately owned company focusing on security, and especially identification, and to us identification can be either physical or structural identification. Aligned with our values quality and safety, we believe in technology and process-based problem-solving focusing heavily on high-quality identification products and services as well our own R&D. We provide access control and ID-products to ensure security, and we offer these products and services to companies, who believe that identification is the key to success. Our office is located at the heart of Espoo, Finland but as a full-range HID Global partner we work internationally covering the whole EMEA region.
We are currently looking for a programming-oriented automation engineer to join our small, but rapidly growing team of six technically-oriented doers in Espoo, Finland. In this hands-on position you will participate in security and identification projects taking part in various tasks related to project management, such as coordinating project schedules, resources, equipment and information as well as ensuring that clients’ needs are met as the project evolves. Moreover, you will take part in implementation, configuration and integration of security software as well as driving it forward by creating new features and improving existing ones. At IDcontrol your own ideas will be valued, and you will be encouraged to share them with the team. The job description is flexible depending on your skills, interests and willingness to learn and develop yourself, and eventually, it can be expanded, and you may take the role of a technical service manager. Nevertheless, your main responsibility will always be to retain the appropriateness of our products and services, and so, to keep our employees, customers and partners safe!
As an ideal candidate, you have a background in automation and basic understanding of programmable logic (PLC) and SQL databases. Possibly you already have some previous (work) experience within the field but in any case, IDcontrol are prepared to help you to get started. Your team members will support you in your role, but you are expected to be curious, show initiative and proactively manage your own work. Though you mostly work at the office in Leppävaara, you should also be willing to travel abroad on short business trips to a variety of destinations.
- Relevant educational background (e.g. automation engineering or similar)
- Some prior (work) experience within automation and basic understanding of programmable logic (PLC) and SQL databases
- Handiness as well as genuine interest to solve technical challenges
- Great attention to detail as well as creative thinking
- Fluency in English and preferably knowledge in Finnish and/or Swedish
- A valid driver’s license (B)
- Previous project management experience
- Other language skills
IDcontrol can offer you the following and much more:
- Global working environment and opportunity to work on technical challenges that impact safety around the world
- Low hierarchy and flexible company culture in a small and innovative organization
- Vast opportunities for individual self-development and continuous learning by getting involved with new technologies
- Benefit package including e.g. health and pension benefits
If you want to join IDcontrol – the best in identification – this might be your opportunity and we would love to hear from you. Please submit your short cover letter, where you tell about your motivation and relevant skills for the position, and CV in PDF-format by latest 17.7.2018 here: https://apply.atalent.fi/idcontrol-automation-engineer-7-2018. Please also mention your salary request and the earliest possible starting date in your application documents. Note that the position will be filled as soon as the right candidate has been found!
You can familiarize yourself with IDcontrol here: http://www.idcontrol.fi. For more information about the recruitment process contact aTalent’s Recruitment Manager Vilma Järvinen (+358 50 513 4740, vilma.jarvinen[at]atalent.fi) on 11.7.2018 at 14-15 or on 13.7.2018 at 10-11.