Mascus is the fastest-growing online marketplace in the world for the sale of construction machinery, agricultural, material-handling equipment, forestry equipment and transportation vehicles. The company was founded in 2000 and has 38 offices around the world, the main office being located in the Netherlands.
Mascus is part of NYSE Stock listed Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers Inc. As the premier global asset management and disposition company, Ritchie Bros. helps thousands of people around the world buy and sell heavy equipment, trucks, and other assets every month. With our multiple onsite and online selling platforms and commitment to first-class customer service, Ritchie Bros. is trusted worldwide for making buying and selling easy, efficient, fair, and transparent.
As Mascus’ web development team continues to grow in Helsinki, new talent is needed for stellar frontend creation. Mascus is transforming and modernizing Mascus’s website architecture − this is where your input and skills will be needed. In this key role, you will primarily develop and renew the site’s UI and architecture into modern technologies. You’ll have the responsibility for technological choices in frontend and you can influence how the website is going to look and function in the future. You’ll get the power of defining your own working habits since Mascus trusts its employees to work in a way that suits them best. In the future, your tasks may also include developing websites (like https://volvousedce.com/ and http://www.ponused.nl/) and application tools to machinery dealers. In these projects, you will participate in customizing clients’ websites based on their needs. The development team consists of twelve multicultural professionals in the Helsinki office and other developers and partners who have spread internationally to international locations.
The role is suitable for a developer who has already gained some previous work experience in frontend development. The role provides also challenges for highly-experienced developers and we are open to different kinds of backgrounds. Support from highly-skilled colleagues is available but independency is required and we hope you can take responsibility and meet the deadlines to achieve the common goals. We don’t expect anyone to know all of the technologies beforehand, but having experience in at least some of them will help you to succeed.
What we hope you have:
- The ability for independent decision-making and willingness to take responsibility
- Proficiency in English
- Our stack also consists of SQL, .NET, C#, jQuery and Bootstrap, so extra points for these!
- A key role and responsibility as much as you desire − in this role you’ll have an actual impact on the end result
- Combined benefits of a small company and a bigger corporation − Mascus is part of Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers Inc that provides stability and career paths
- Support from experienced colleagues
- A comfortable working community − People at Mascus are highly engaged and long careers speak for themselves.
- An international working environment where you have the possibility to travel or rotate to our international locations if you desire
- A great office location in the heart of Helsinki
- Flexibility and a possibility for remote work
- A competitive salary and fringe benefits such as lunch and sports & culture benefit
Did we catch your attention? Please submit your application letter and CV (in PDF) by the latest January 14th, 2020 here: https://apply.atalent.fi/mascus-frontend-developer-12-2019. Please mention your salary request and possible starting date in your application documents. If you have a LinkedIn, GitHub, Stack Overflow, or similar profile, please also link them to your CV.
In this position, you will be employed directly by Mascus.
You can read more about Mascus at www.mascus.com. For more information about the recruitment process, please contact aTalent’s Recruitment Manager Miili Reponen (+358 50 4754889, miili.reponen[at]atalent.fi).