Supercell is a mobile game developer based in the mobile gaming capital of the world, Helsinki, with offices in San Francisco, Tokyo, Seoul, and Shanghai – all great cities with super talented and super nice people. Supercell was founded on three core beliefs: “The Best People Make the Best Games”, “Small and independent cells”, and lastly “Games that people will play for years”. Thus, our job is to craft games played by millions of people all over the world, and since our founding in 2010, we have brought five games to the market – Hay Day, Clash of Clans, Boom Beach, Clash Royale, and Brawl Stars. To familiarize yourself with Supercell, please visit http://supercell.com/en/.
We are looking for a Junior Data Scientist to work in Supercell’s player support team for the summer! In this position, you will help Supercell make their games even better for the players by bringing relevant data to the table. You will work independently with customer service data which is related to e.g. customer satisfaction as well as internal efficiency and processes. Your tasks include extracting, analysing, visualizing, and clarifying data using Excel, SQL, and Qlik Sense. This way, you get to provide Supercell’s internal customer service and partners with data and reports to help them succeed. The team consists of international and experienced colleagues who share a passion for games and are there to support you when needed.
The ideal person for this role is capable of using SQL databases somewhat independently, has a basic understanding of data analysis, and knows how to visualize data for reporting purposes. You have relevant educational background or you are about to finish your studies soon. At Supercell, you would get to dive into a truly international atmosphere and work completely in English. Having an interest in the game industry, and specifically in Supercell’s games, is seen as a big bonus for you. You will get all the necessary support during your onboarding period, after which we hope that you are able to take responsibility of completing your tasks in an independent matter.
- Relevant educational background, e.g. technical, business, or IT
- Understanding of the basics of data analysis
- Good skills in the following tools: Excel, SQL, and some BI tool (Qlik Sense preferred), e.g. from your studies, personal projects, or work projects
- Working proficiency in English, both oral and written
- Genuine interest in gaming (experience of specifically Supercell’s games is a plus)
We see as an advantage:
- Proficiency in some statistical programming language, e.g. R or Python
- Previous experience in data analysis or business intelligence
- Previous experience of working in a multicultural environment
We offer you:
- The opportunity to work in a truly international and skilled team
- Easy-going, enthusiastic, open, and at the same time a very results-driven culture
- Great office facilities (including usage of office gym) and location in Helsinki
- Flexibility considering working hours and times
Does this sound like your next career opportunity? Send your CV, cover letter and latest transcript of records at latest by April 11th, 2019. You may apply for the position here: https://apply.atalent.fi/supercell-junior-data-scientist-summer-job-4-2019. Please convert your application documents into PDF format and note that the position will be filled as soon as the right candidate has been found.
This is a fixed-term summer job, and you will be employed as an aTalent employee at Supercell.
How’s the recruitment process going to proceed from now on?
- Submitting your application to aTalent
- Phone interview by aTalent
- Technical test
- Interviews by Supercell
- Final decisions on the new Junior Data Scientist
For further information regarding the position and the application process you may contact Recruitment Manager Erkko Vanhakartano via e-mail at erkko.vanhakartano[at]atalent.fi or by phone at +358504019387 (you may call on either April 3rd between 15:00 and 16:00 or on April 5th between 10:00 and 11:00).