Visma Consulting is an agile and fast growing company focusing on ICT consulting and software solutions. Our clients are large Finnish companies and organisations in public sector, for example, Metso, DNA, Paulig, Posti and Valmet Automotive. We are part of the Nordic Visma Group. We truly believe that success originates from cooperation. As colleagues we offer genuine people who are experienced professionals. We have an open atmosphere where you can easily be yourself. Our entrepreneurial drive and multinational group create a unique work environment and great career opportunities. Visma has also been recognized with the Great Place to Work ® certification. Find out more from our career site and follow Visma on LinkedIn.
We are looking for a Junior Software Developer (Scala) to join our versatile client projects, which are typically large, tailored web-solutions. The solution areas range from logistics management to reporting systems. Almost all solutions are hosted on cloud. In our business unit at Visma Consulting you will be part of a team of around 14 enthusiastic software development professionals, where everyone works both with clients and technical implementation.
Overall, this is an excellent opportunity to kick-start your career as a software developer! You will be assigned a mentor, who will support you along your way and coach you in your professional development. To succeed in your role we expect that you have already gained some work experience in software development, for example from internship positions or summer jobs. However, you don’t need to master Scala programming yet, we offer you an opportunity to learn it while working at us. We value your eagerness to learn and develop yourself as well as an ability to take responsibility and work independently. It’s important that you collaborate actively with your team and the client to keep them up-to-date of what’s going on in your end, share your ideas and ask for help if needed. Also, we have developers at our offices in Helsinki, Tampere and Jyväskylä, so please let us know which location would be the best option for you!
You will get to use a versatile technology stack depending on client’s needs but mainly you will be working with Scala, Cassandra, MongoDB, SQL server, React, Elasticsearch, Apache Kafka, Docker, Kubernetes, and AWS. We don’t expect you to know all of them, rather this is an opportunity for you to learn new!
Visma Consulting offers you:
- An opportunity to develop your expertise in diverse, extensive and challenging web development projects within the biggest companies and organizations in Finland – As an example, read how we built a logistics system for Valmet Automotive car plant in Uusikaupunki https://bit.ly/2WWGzep (in Finnish)
- A chance to work with the newest and modern tech stack such as Scala, React and AWS cloud platform
- A possibility to develop your expertise and get more responsibility depending on your skills and interests. We offer you mentoring, trainings and a chance to attend international conferences, for example
- Relaxed atmosphere at the office and highly-skilled and experienced colleagues – Projects are carried out in small teams independently and proactively
- Competitive salary and fringe benefits such as lunch benefit, sports & culture benefit, devices of your choice
- Great office location in Helsinki city center, Tampere or Jyväskylä
We are looking for:
- Experience in software development (e.g. summer jobs, internships or hobby projects)
- Willingness to learn new and develop your skills
- Good collaboration skills and ability to work independently
- Fluent communication skills in English
We consider as an asset (but don’t require):
- Relevant technical studies
- Programming skills in Scala or other functional programming languages
- Knowledge or experience in some of the following tools, technologies and patterns: Apache Kafka, Elasticsearch, cloud services, DevOps tools (Docker, Kubernetes), event sourcing, CQRS
Sounds like the next step in your career? Please submit your application letter and CV (in PDF) at the latest on Sunday 24th of November, 2019 here: https://apply.atalent.fi/visma-consulting-junior-software-developer-scala-11-2019. Please mention your salary request, possible starting date and your preferred location in your application documents. Also attach any links that could be useful for us to check out (for instance GitHub, Bitbucket, LinkedIn). Please note that we are going through the applications already during the application period and might proceed in the recruitment process before the deadline.
You can familiarize yourself with Visma and Visma Consulting here: https://www.visma.com/ and https://www.vismaconsulting.fi/. For more information about the recruitment process please contact aTalent’s Recruitment Manager Anna Kerava (+358 44 204 9486, anna.kerava[at]atalent.fi).
In this position you will be employed directly to Visma Consulting.