MediSapiens provides Bio-IT solutions to clients in the biomedical field. MediSapiens’ solutions enable you to turn biomedical data into new insights and knowledge. Clients range from top 10 global pharmaceutical companies via leading healthcare organizations and research groups to up and coming start-ups. MediSapiens’ goal is to enable better health, research and business innovations through data-driven science. Read more about the The MediSapiens Genomics Software Suite product here and multidisciplinary team here.
MediSapiens is now looking for a Senior Cloud Engineer to join the technical team in the Helsinki centre! Your main focus will be on MediSapiens’ new SaaS product. The software suite supports client organizations’ workflow by integrating data from different sources together, allowing to manage, query and analyze all the data in one single process. This is a genuinely meaningful job where you can impact on the health sector, and in the end, people’s lives.
In this responsible role, you’ll be in charge of the cloud infrastructure, architecture and deployment of the SaaS solution. You’ll perform a range of activities required to both maintain and continuously automate a large, complex virtualization and cloud-based computing environment. You are enabling DevOps development activities and complex development tasks that will involve working with tools such as Docker and container management systems. In addition to SaaS product development, you also take part in maintaining existing customer applications. You are providing technical guidance within the team that consists of developers, a quality assurance engineer and a system administrator. The whole development team is working according to agile methods in two week sprints with larger milestones for major releases.
The ideal candidate has made successful B2B AWS SaaS solution deployments and deliveries. You are also passionate about new technologies and want to keep up with trends in the Cloud and Infrastructure field, while always searching for ways to improve systems as technology evolves. You also have a winning attitude towards DevOps and drive to make the CI/CD pipeline shine. We hope that you can bring ideas and best practices for the management, architecture, configuration, administration, and automation of the solution in AWS cloud. MediSapiens’ tech stack consists of the following major technologies: Python, React, Django, Docker, Terraform and GitLab, AWS. However, experience of all of these is not necessarily required.
We hope you to have:
- Track record of successful SaaS cloud deployments
- Solid skills in AWS, Terraform, GitLab and Docker and/or Kubernetes
- At least a couple years of relevant work experience within virtualized servers / cloud systems
- Good team working skills and ability to work under tight schedules
- Proficient skills in English
We consider as an asset:
- Programming skills with Python (Django) and/or React
- Relevant educational background (e.g. computer science or similar)
- AWS or other relevant certifications
MediSapiens can offer you:
- A responsible key role in SaaS product development within cloud and virtualization end-to-end architecture
- A genuinely meaningful field where you can impact on peoples’ lives proactively with data solutions – our solutions are utilized e.g. in an anticancer drug research context.
- Talented, supportive and motivated colleagues driven to make new innovations in the biomedical field
- “No nonsense”-approach to work and agile way of working
- Flexible and relaxed working environment where work-life balance is respected
- Competitive salary and fringe benefits such as comprehensive health care including dental care services, lunch benefit, and devices based on your needs
- An office located in down-town Helsinki with great public transport connections
Sounds like you? Please submit your CV and motivation letter by latest 28th of February via our application system. Please also mention your salary request and the earliest possible starting date in your application documents. If you have a LinkedIn, GitHub, Stack Overflow, or similar profile, please also link them to your CV. Remember to use the application system, we do not accept applications by email.
You can familiarize yourself with MediSapiens here: https://medisapiens.com/. For more information about the recruitment process contact aTalent’s Recruitment Manager Miili Reponen (+358 50 475 4889, miili.reponen[at]atalent.fi).
In this position you will be employed directly to MediSapiens. Please note that the recruitment process may include pre-employment health examination and drug testing.