Zadaa is the world’s first marketplace that has made selling and buying secondhand fashion as simple as in an online store. Sellers just sell, ship and get paid. Buyers just buy, receive and wear it. The company’s unique technology solves three of the main issues any marketplace confronts: logistics, matching and engagement. Since our launch in 2016 we have grown our network to more than 400.000 users and having over a million items for sale in the app. Zadaa operates in three different markets with 11 employees: Germany, Finland and Denmark, with offices located in Helsinki and Berlin. Zadaa has solid financial backing from top European investors.
We are a fun bunch to work with and passionate about changing the whole industry! We think and execute fast and want to make Zadaa into a truly global company with the next market entries being Austria, Switzerland, France, the Netherlands and Sweden. Read more about Zadaa here.
To support our growth, we are looking for a Senior Software Developer to join our product development team of three experienced developers. In this role, you develop mainly the backend of our product. However, your tasks can be modified according to your background and skills. As a senior developer, you will get ownership and responsibility for our new projects, and thus, impact a lot on how we develop the app.
We have several new features on the roadmap, which you’ll get to implement, ranging from payment methods to offering users with more advanced search tools. You will also maintain the existing architecture and codebase. In addition, you will get to work with microservice development as we are renewing the architecture of our solution. As the team is small, you will be a key player in all stages of software development. Currently, we are working mainly with the following technologies: AWS, Node, TypeScript, Elixir, Ruby on Rails, and PostgreSQL. However, we don’t expect you to master all of them – more important is your willingness to learn!
We are looking for a developer who has experience in backend development and is able to work in a fast paced startup environment. You are eager to learn new things and quick at putting them into practice. You are an active team player and not afraid of expressing your ideas and thoughts. We don’t require experience in any specific programming language. Instead, we expect you to have good understanding of databases, as the app is used by a large number of users daily. Therefore it’s necessary that you know how to scale up fast-growing applications. You have some experience of how to build and operate cloud services.
What we offer:
- Full ownership of developing new features, meaning your mission is to bring new talent and work together with the team towards common goals
- Be part of a small, committed and passionate team where everyone’s input and opinions really count
- An opportunity to experience and build a rapidly growing product for global markets while solving the unseen challenges that come along with constant scaling
- Real opportunities for professional growth based on your interests and skills
- A nice office in Helsinki city center
- A competitive salary and possibilities for options
We are looking for:
- Strong skills in programming and a few years of software development experience
- Experience with AWS (or some other cloud platform)
- Experience of REST application design, server architecture, SQL databases and scaling fast growing applications
- Fluency in English
We consider as an advantage (but don’t require):
- Shipping web, iOS and/or Android mobile applications
- Experience with one or more of our current technologies
Sounds like you? Please submit your application letter and CV (in PDF) on the 25th of November by the latest 2019 here. Please mention your salary request and possible starting date in your application documents. Attach also any links that could be useful for us to check out (for instance GitHub, Bitbucket or LinkedIn).
For more information about the position and recruitment process contact aTalent’s Recruitment Manager Anna Kerava (+358 44 204 9486, anna.kerava[at]atalent.fi).
In this position you will be employed directly to Zadaa.