Enevo is a full-service waste and recycling management company that is transforming the waste industry into the data-driven era. Enevo brings together experts in software and hardware engineering, user experience, data analytics, networking, and waste management experts. We are the first-mover in the waste sensor space and have a mature sensor solution that continuously monitors the fill levels of waste containers to determine when service is needed. This allows our customers to operate with an on-demand model instead of traditional fixed schedules and routes, which creates significant benefits both in terms of service quality and efficiency.
Enevo is now extending their agile software development team in Espoo, and we are looking for a growth-minded Senior Software Developer (Analytics & Optimization) to join the team! You will be working on developing the magic that creates dynamic collection schedules and collection routes based on historical container fill level readings and a number of configuration parameters and constraints. You will also be maintaining and further developing the back-end analytics, where sensor readings and other data are being processed, analysed, and transformed into valuable high-level insights. All this means that you get to use your mathematical ability, programming skills, and creativity in multiple interesting contexts. After a while, you will form ownership of the product you work with.
Quality is one of our central values and we expect it to be close to your heart and working style. While working in a team, you will be given clear responsibility areas, within which you are expected to take an active part in managing and planning the development. We like to be agile in everything we do, finding out quickly what works and what doesn’t. New ideas are explored with an open mind and failures are embraced as an important step in learning as part of our quest for continuous improvement. The working atmosphere is laid back, but still very professional – we take pride in doing things properly, while adding a touch of fun to the mix. We value having a good work-life balance and like to get to know our colleagues also outside of work.
What we expect of you:
- Relevant educational background, for example Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or Computer Science
- Solid experience with Python
- Proven track record of getting stuff done, building back-end / server-side solutions
- Good understanding of mathematical methods and topics, including statistical testing, approximation and combinatorial optimization
- Practical knowledge of combinatorial and heuristic search algorithms such as simulated annealing, genetic algorithms, etc., ideally in the context of vehicle routing
- Understanding of topics related to algorithmic complexity
- Fluency in English (Finnish not necessary)
The following qualities are considered as advantages:
- Experience with test-driven development, continuous integration and deployment automation
- Prior experience with PHP or C/C++
- Data visualization experience
- An entrepreneurial mindset and good team / communication skills
What we offer to you:
- Be part of transforming an entire industry, worldwide, with a mix of IoT, analytics, mobile and web technologies
- A chance to work with an outstanding team in a fascinating technology area which is really making a difference in waste and recycling management
- The possibility to work in a small, but growing company in an international environment
- An ownership role close to both end users and end usage
- A competitive compensation package and benefits
- Flexible working hours
Our internal stack includes: Python/Cython, PHP, Mysql, GIT, and Jenkins
Sounds like you? Send your CV and cover letter through here: https://apply.atalent.fi/enevo-oy-senior-software-developer-analytics-optimization-8-2018 at latest by August 16th, 2018. Please convert your application documents into PDF-format. If you use GitHub, we would be happy to take a look at it.
Please note that we might proceed with the recruitment process already during the application period.
To familiarize yourself with Enevo, please visit www.enevo.com. For further information regarding the position and the application process you may contact Recruitment Manager Erkko Vanhakartano (erkko.vanhakartano[at]atalent.fi, +358504019387).