When you join Varian, you’re joining an organization with nearly $3 billion in annual revenue, and more than 6500 team members across more than 30 countries. You’ll be backed by a culture that is centered on fostering your creative potential, and experience the full support of an organization and leadership committed to inspiring you to do your best work.
Join Varian’s Oncology Software Solutions organization, and the work you do can make a difference by helping to create a world without fear of cancer. We develop and manufacture products and solutions that innovate, support and streamline cancer-fighting solutions worldwide. Our teams have a common drive to help others, and a passion for excellence. Join Varian and add your talent to the fight against cancer.
We are looking for an experienced Software Engineer to join our Helsinki based team. The team develops a radiation therapy treatment planning system called Eclipse. The Windows-based desktop application Eclipse was first released in 2001 and it has tens of thousands of users in cancer clinics globally. You will join a team of thirteen members consisting of highly-skilled and experienced software engineers working on the core components and product development. The team also co-operates closely with other Eclipse development teams and with other product development teams globally.
The team you’re joining is focusing mostly on the core components of the platform. Your daily tasks include:
- Improving current features and creating new ones
- Bug fixing
- Developing unit, integration, and system-level tests
- Documenting according to regulations and policies
We are looking for someone who’s always dedicated to bring the best value and quality. An ideal person would have an analytical and proactive mindset and feel comfortable working on complex problems and long-term R&D projects. In addition, you are capable to work both in a team and independently, and co-operate with diverse stakeholders. Support and help from experienced colleagues are always near.
We are looking for:
- Advanced programming skills in C++
- Previous working experience in software development (the more years behind the better)
- Skills navigating between different areas of the software from database structures to user interfaces
- A proactive way of working
- Fluent skills in English
Bonus points, if you have any of the following:
- Programming skills with .NET framework
- Understanding of cloud development (Azure)
- Experience in test automation tools and methods
- Experience with agile methodologies
- Understanding of medical device development requirements
- Understanding of cybersecurity requirements in software development
- Understanding of software integrations
Varian offers you:
- A meaningful job in the development of an interesting & important product with tens of thousands of users
- A comprehensive onboarding, an opportunity to broaden your skills and career path according to your interests − we encourage continuous learning
- Interesting problem-solving challenges and professional growth supported by your highly-skilled team members
- A multicultural and international work community
- A competitive salary and fringe benefits, such as lunch benefit, sports & culture benefit, and medical insurance
- Office facilities with good connections near Helsinki city centre
Does this sound like your opportunity? Please submit your application letter and CV in PDF no later than 27th of October here: https://apply.atalent.fi/varian-senior-software-engineer-health-tech-10-2019. Please mention your salary request and possible starting date in your application documents. If you have a LinkedIn, GitHub, Stack Overflow, or similar profile, please also link them to your CV. Please note that the position will be filled as soon as the right candidate has been found.
In this position, you’ll be employed directly to Varian.
Read more about Varian here and about Eclipse here. For more information about the position and recruitment process contact aTalent’s Recruitment Manager Miili Reponen (+358 50 475 4889, miili.reponen[at]atalent.fi).