Voyantic provides test and measurement solutions for the RFID industry. We are the global leader in our field and practically all of the leading RFID technology providers use our equipment in their R&D, production, or both. We are an international growth company with customers in 33 countries on five continents, and constantly looking for new talent into our team. See the video and find out more: https://youtu.be/EPpfA1EM6A0
Voyantic is growing and we are now looking for a Software Engineer to join our R&D team! We provide high-end measurement equipment and test solutions for the RFID industry, and development of professional analysis and control software plays a big part in that story. Our solutions integrate a wide spectrum of technologies and much of the work concentrates on enabling different measurement functions, processing measured data, and creating visualizations based on the results. Most of the programming is done using LabVIEW and LabVIEW Real-Time, but we also use other programming languages, e.g., C/C++ for embedded products. As we value customer experience and our software products have a long lifecycle, usability of our products and developing sustainable code are important priorities for us.
As a software engineer, you would start your career in the maintenance program of our current products in our agile development team, and you would also get assigned with your own, research-oriented development project. With more experience, you will later have a chance to expand and develop your role according to your own wishes and interests and take more responsibility in the design of our products. Working closely with our products in different development projects, you will become an expert on RFID technology and gain proficiency in LabVIEW programming. Also, if you already have experience, we have the challenges awaiting and we are also eager to learn from you!
We expect enthusiasm towards programming and curiousness towards technology. Previous knowledge of LabVIEW and practical programming work experience are appreciated and becoming proficient is necessary in the long term. However, if you know the basics, are eager to learn, and have good previous experience of some OOP language (like Python or C++, for example), we can provide training to boost your development. Customer-oriented way of thinking and knowledge of electronics, sensors and automation technology as well as any technical hobbies and project-work experience are of your advantage. The working language in this position is English, but if you have working proficiency in Finnish, also good skills in English are sufficient to succeed in this position.
Requirements for the applicant:
- Relevant educational background, e.g. a Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in information technology, computer science, electrical engineering, or automation engineering
- Good skills in LabVIEW or strong programming skills in some OOP language (i.e. Python or C++) – let us know more about your programming projects and experience in your application letter!
- Analytical problem-solving skills and ability to adapt and learn new things fast
- Capability to work independently and take responsibility
- Working proficiency in English
What is seen as an advantage:
- Familiarity or interest in radio technology and RFID
- Familiarity or interest in electronics, sensors, and measurement technology
Voyantic offers you:
- The possibility to work with the leading and cutting-edge RFID technology
- The possibility to gain professional expertise through interesting projects
- A supportive team and skilled colleagues
- Comfortable working environment and flexible working hours
Does this sound like your opportunity? Send your CV and cover letter at latest by August 20th, 2018. You may apply for the position here: https://apply.atalent.fi/voyantic-software-engineer-8-2018. Please convert your application documents into PDF format. If you use GitHub, we are happy to take a look at your profile there.
To familiarize yourself with Voyantic, please visit http://www.voyantic.com/ and check this video out: https://youtu.be/EPpfA1EM6A0. For further information regarding the position and the application process, you may contact Recruitment Manager Erkko Vanhakartano (erkko.vanhakartano[at]atalent.fi, +358504019387).