Contrast is a passionate agency that builds beautiful web stores, websites and apps with a strong focus in exceptional UI/UX. We work with amazing companies, such as Makia Clothing, Ruokaboksi, Relex Solutions, aTalent and Smarp to name a few. We embrace long-lasting client relationships and we definitely don’t do quick and dirty.
Since Contrast was founded, it has been rooted in a drive to find a better way of doing things. To do better work. To always keep learning. To never half-ass anything. And to have fun while doing all this. We believe that pleasure in the job puts perfection into work, and we really, really love what we do.
Check out our 2019 showreel.
We are looking for someone who has a strong background in WordPress development, as this will be your main responsibility in versatile client projects where we create websites and e-commerce solutions, just to name some examples. Your tasks will include customizing WordPress themes, plugin development, working in both backend and frontend and creating modern APIs. You’ll get space and peace to work on one project at a time. If you like, you can also work directly with clients but it’s not required.
You’ll be working closely with different developers and designers. Support and help is always available from fellow experienced and highly-skilled team members As a small company (approximately 10 people) we’re able to tailor the role according to your strengths, so we’re not looking for anything too specific: we think you might be just right, if you’re someone with some experience, a lot of attitude and huge potential.
We are looking for:
- Solid experience in WordPress development and evidence to showcase your skills (e.g. websites)
- Attitude on point! We are a passionate team – emphasis on team – and want to grow together.
- Studies from a relevant field
- Fluent skills in English
We see as an advantage:
- Previous experience from the list below. These are a few new(ish) and cool things you’ll get familiar with when working in this role in the future:
- Node.js, React.js, Gatsby.js
- CMS and e-commerce platforms, such as Contentful and Shopify
Contrast Digital offers:
- Super interesting line of clients in all shapes and sizes (e.g. Makia, Smarp and Relex)
- A key role with great growth opportunities both short-term and long-term
- Freedom and ownership in your work, results are what matters
- Encouragement to develop your role in the direction you want
- The industry’s best tools, equipment, and slack-emojis (you might even get one for yourself)
- A nifty office in the heart of Helsinki
- Motivated and fun team
- Annual trips with the team (e.g. last year we went to Lapland)
- Competitive salary and good benefits, such as top-notch health-care with Pihlajalinna, great insurance (also for free-time) and culture/sports coupons
- Possibility for remote work and flexible working hours − however, we don’t work overtime
Did we catch your attention? Please submit your application letter and CV (in PDF) by latest February 25th, 2020 here: https://apply.atalent.fi/contrast-digital-wordpress-developer-2-2020. Please mention your salary request and possible starting date in your application documents. If you have a LinkedIn, GitHub, Stack Overflow, or similar profile, please also link them to your CV.
In this position you will be employed directly to Contrast.
You can familiarize yourself with Contrast here: https://contrast.fi/. For more information about the recruitment process and the position contact aTalent’s Recruitment Manager Anna Kerava (+358 44 204 9486, anna.kerava[at]atalent.fi).