Tesi is a state-owned investment company that wants to raise Finland to the front ranks of renewing economic growth by investing in venture capital and private equity funds and directly in companies. We invest profitably and responsibly, together with co-investors, to create the world’s new success stories. Our investments under management total 1.3 billion euros and an underlying portfolio of 700 companies.
Tesi is now looking for a full-time, fixed-term (4-5 months) Analyst trainee for its Fund Investments team with an analytical and data-driven mindset. As an Analyst trainee you will support Tesi regarding market and industry analysis and portfolio management. You get the chance to analyse various themes within the venture capital and private equity market as well as Tesi’s own portfolio, assist the team in the assessment of fund proposals and help on the build-up of Tesi’s internal data model. You will work in close cooperation with all the members of the team as well as co-workers across whole Tesi. We value general understanding of company financials and economic development, but first and foremost we are looking for a person with an eye for detail and eagerness to learn. For more information about our Fund Investments team, please visit our website.
Read more about our trainee programme: Trainee Programme is a source of inspiration and social benefit.
Spirit & Guts
With us you will operate responsibly while aiming for a beneficial social impact, profitable investment and the success of our portfolio companies and funds. We believe that responsibility is a competitive advantage for companies and a requirement for long-term success. We apply corporate responsibility at two levels: as choices made daily in our day-to-day work, and also as continuous development work over the long term. Tesi is also an equal opportunity employer, who believes that diversity empowers our people and our business as well.
- Relevant university studies for example in business, economics or engineering
- Analytical and business mindset with hands-on attitude
- Interest in the Finnish economy and private equity
- Strong skills in Excel and PowerPoint
- Fluent written and spoken communication skills in Finnish and English
- We also consider as an asset if you have previous experience from relevant positions (e.g. startups, strategic consulting, market research, investment banking or business controlling)
We offer you
- Excellent opportunity to learn about the venture capital and private equity industry
- Challenging and versatile projects from day one
- Chance to gain relevant work experience and useful contacts for your future career
- Our trainee alumni have gone to build ambitious careers in a diverse set of positions including start-ups, private equity companies and consultancies
- Supportive and professional colleagues to boost your development and who are curious to hear your ideas
Our recent fund investments include
Got excited? Please submit your CV, application letter, and latest transcript of records by latest 1st of March here: https://apply.atalent.fi/tesi-analyst-trainee-fund-investments-2-2020. In this position you will be employed by Tesi directly.
For more information about the position, please contact Tesi’s Investment Director Petteri Laakso (050 4639 313) in the following time: Wednesday 19.2. at 15:00-16:00. For more information about the recruitment process, please contact aTalent’s Recruitment Manager Laura Seppä (040 557 93 89, laura.seppa[at]atalent.fi) in the following times: Monday 24.2. at 15.30-16.30 or Thursday 27.2. at 10.00-11.30.
Timetable for this recruitment process:
- Monday 17.2.: Application period starts
- Sunday 1.3.: Application period ends
- Week 10: Personal Google Meet -interviews with aTalent
- March 2020: Personal interviews with Tesi
- March 2020: Decisions and employment contract
- September 2020: Start date