Spectral Engines is a financially well backed-up, innovative high-tech start-up developing smart material sensing technology, which can measure the very make-up of materials. Our technologies enable the development of new innovative material sensing applications in many different market areas such as smart farming, smart industry, smart homes and portable devices. Our technology originates from years of research done at VTT Technical Research Centre of Finland, now developed to a full industrial-grade sensor for fast growing global markets. We have been able to grow substantially during previous years, and therefore, have received Kauppalehti’s Growth Company certificate in 2019 as well as Achiever certificate in 2017. Currently we are 25 people in Helsinki, Oulu, Germany and the USA, and growing! Read more about Spectral Engines at https://www.spectralengines.com/.
Introducing a new kind of sensor tech and related solutions to the market, we are now looking for a hands-on Cloud and DevOps Engineer. We have three product lines (NIRONE, PurplPRO and TactiScan) and some client-specific solutions, for which we build our cloud service. You are a key player in our product development team: you ensure that our developers can focus on programming, our clients’ cloud services are up and running smoothly, and that our infrastructure enables growing our business. You will have a real impact on the company’s performance and way of working!
One of your main responsibilities is to maintain and develop our DevOps infrastructure, including pipelines and processes for continuous integration and delivery. In addition, you will maintain our cloud infrastructure (AWS), including setting up new cloud services for new clients, configuring the existing cloud services, monitoring operations, and above all, ensuring scalability of our infrastructure. Our business is growing steadily, and the user volumes are predictable and under control. As a small part of your daily tasks you are also responsible for our team’s development tools and networking systems, including access management, for example.
You may still be in the beginning of your career, but we expect that you have gained some hands-on work experience from some company (at least summer jobs or internships). In more specific, we hope you have some work experience with distributed systems, cloud infrastructure and DevOps practices in an enterprise setting. In addition, you have programming skills acquired through studies or work experience and you can provide clean and testable code.
You will work with and get support from a product development team of 12 skilled professionals. The Spectral Engines team is supportive and willing to help you get started in your new role, as long as you have the right attitude towards learning and developing yourself. We offer you a chance to take responsibility and develop quickly at your work. In the future, based on your skills and interest, you have a chance to direct your role to front- or backend development or improving our processes, for example.
We expect you to have:
- Work experience with cloud infrastructures (e.g. traineeship or summer job)
- Experience in DevOPs practices and developing enterprise-grade distributed systems
- Experience in using some tools for automating CI/CD pipelines and Docker orchestrating
- Programming skills
- Fluency in English
We consider as an asset (but don’t require):
- Relevant educational background (e.g. computer science or similar)
- Experience in AWS Cloud infrastructure, Jenkins, Terraform, Kubernetes, Linux tools, Bitbucket, ELK-stack (Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana), or similar technologies
Why to work at Spectral Engines?
- You will be part of the exciting expansion of the world-leading material sensor innovation!
- An interesting position in a fresh high-technology growth company, backed-up by a German publicly traded company Nynomic AG
- A chance to constantly learn, develop and challenge yourself. We offer you a possibility to direct your role based on your skills and interests
- Possibility to work with modern equipment and utilize new technologies
- Nice colleagues, flexible working hours and a chance to work partly remotely
- Competitive salary, occupational health care, a newly-renovated office equipped with a gym, and possibility for indoor parking
In this position you will be employed directly to Spectral Engines.
Sounds like the right position for you? Please submit your CV and application letter (in PDF), where you explain your motivation to the position by 21.11.2019 here: https://apply.atalent.fi/spectral-engines-cloud-and-devops-engineer-11-2019. We might proceed with suitable candidates already during the application period, so apply soon! Please also include links to your Github, Bitbucket, LinkedIn profiles.
More information on the recruitment process offered by aTalent’s Recruitment Manager Anna Kerava (+358 44 204 9486, anna.kerava[at]atalent.fi).