Viimatech Digital is a growing startup developing a modern IoT solution – a remote monitoring system enabling predictive analysis and maintenance of pumps in water utilities and process industry. The solution helps industrial clients, such as Stora Enso, HSY, Oulu Waterworks and YARA reduce maintenance breaks, electricity consumption, and therefore, cut costs. The unique IoT solution is based on cost optimized electronics, cloud IT infrastructure and latest mathematical methods e.g. for determining a motor’s volume flow rate. These methods are developed in cooperation with Lappeenranta University of Technology.
Viimatech Digital is founded in 2017 and located in Otaniemi, Espoo. The solutions are developed by the dynamic R&D team of five professionals. The company has launched the first products in May 2019 and has established an international client base. Now the focus is heavily on product development, aiming to make global growth in 2020 possible.
Viimatech Digital is looking for a Cloud Developer to strengthen its growing R&D team. As a Viimatech team member, your main task will be to develop the company’s cloud service and infrastructure. This includes for example planning the cloud deployments, database programming with SQL, developing REST APIs, and application server programming. With Python you will develop computational code for the cloud in addition to logic, structure and application features. In other words, your typical week will consist of development, along with contributing to the planning of software architecture and occasional operational tasks. Viimatech is currently using Amazon Web Services, Python, and SQL as main technologies. You will be supported by the agile R&D team consisting of experts in the areas of algorithm and infrastructure development, cloud deployment and embedded software development. As a growing startup, Viimatech offers you good opportunities to develop yourself and grow together with the company.
You will succeed in this role if you are a proactive developer who is interested in working in a startup environment where your role is not set to a stone. You might be completing your studies or already a more experienced talent, as long as you have gained some experience in developing cloud based applications. Part-time work is also possible, if you are still a student, for example. Understanding of user interface technologies is seen as a benefit, as the cloud application is integrated to varying UIs. Above all, we hope you are excited about contributing to Viimatech’s growth story and product development.
What is Viimatech’s cloud service about?
Viimatech’s cloud service enables analyzing and reporting the measurement data collected from the pumps by IoT field devices. The solution produces information concerning pumps’ conditions as well as maintenance needs and suggestions. A client can access this information through a web application or via clients’ own systems through APIs provided by Viimatech.
We are looking for:
- Some experience in developing cloud based applications or a cloud platform
- Good programming skills in Python
- Familiarity with SQL programming
- Understanding of REST APIs (development experience is seen as a plus)
- Understanding of modern cloud infrastructures and services
- Knowing the basics of security and access management methods
- Good communication skills in English
We consider as an asset:
- Experience in utilizing cloud platforms and infrastructures (e.g. AWS or Azure)
- Understanding of IT infrastructure deployment models (e.g. multi-tier, load distribution)
We can offer you:
- Opportunity to develop and learn about modern IoT and cloud technology based solutions for predictive maintenance. Viimatech is developing something totally new, no legacy code.
- A meaningful job – you’ll be developing a technology that increases the energy efficiency of industrial electric pumps, causing nowadays a significant part of Europe’s electricity consumption
- Possibilities to learn and develop with the company and create your own path within a growing startup
- Flexible work and possibility to work remotely
In this position you will be employed as an aTalent employee to Viimatech Digital.
Sounds like you? Please submit your application letter and CV (in PDF) by latest July 9th, 2019 here: https://apply.atalent.fi/viimatech-digital-cloud-developer-6-2019. Please tell us a bit about your interest and motivation towards this specific position and Viimatech Digital. Also, please mention your salary request and possible starting date. Last but not least, attach any links that could be useful for us to check out (for instance GitHub, Bitbucket, LinkedIn).
You may take a look into a picture describing Viimatech Digital’s solution here: http://www.viimatech.com/. For more information about the recruitment process contact aTalent’s Recruitment Manager Anna Kerava (+358 44 204 9486, anna.kerava[at]atalent.fi).