Aalto University is a community of bold thinkers where science and art meet technology and business. We are committed to identifying and solving grand societal challenges and building an innovative future. Aalto University has six schools with nearly 11 000 students and a staff of close to 4000. Our campuses are located in Espoo and Helsinki, Finland.
Aalto University is foundation-based university. The purpose of our endowment operations is to generate additional funding for top quality research and education with game-changing impact. The endowment provides Aalto University with greater financial independence and enhances its ability to direct resources to strategic focus areas. Are you interested in working towards enabling top quality research, pioneering education, trend-setting art and society-renewing collaboration?
We are looking for a Controller to join our finance team. In this new position, you will develop and implement endowment post-trade controlling function and set up practices for independent investment risk control, as well as handle day-to-day operations of these controlling functions. Secondly, you will support treasury operations in liquidity management including cash flow forecasting and debt management. You work in close co-operation with Aalto finance team and especially our treasury and endowment teams and outsourced back and middle office.
We offer you a unique opportunity to build controlling function for endowment management. Our motivated team values taking ownership and continuous development. Work culture is team-based and continuous dialogue within the team is vital. We work hard and laugh hard – taking our job seriously, but not ourselves!
For the candidate we would expect at least the following:
- Degree in Economics or similar
- Some experience in financial management, accounting or related
- Knowledge of investment instruments and investment trade processes
- Fast learning ability and determination to achieve goals and curiosity to continuously learn and develop yourself with true passion towards finance and numbers
- Fluency in Finnish and English
Why work at Aalto University?
- In this role, you will have a chance to work as part of a team of ambitious professionals whose hearts beat to both finance and making the world a better place.
- Our community in the evolving and lively Otaniemi campus will be buzzing collaboration hub, giving you opportunities to be inspired and learn something new every day.
If you are the person we are looking for, please send your CV and application letter (preferably in PDF-format) here: https://apply.atalent.fi/aalto-university-controller-treasury-and-endowment-5-2018. The position will be filled when the right candidate is found – apply as soon as possible! Get to know some of your future colleagues here: http://www.aalto.fi/en/about/careers/careerstories/.
If you have any questions about the position or the application process, please contact aTalent´s Recruitment Manager Cécil Fagerström (cecil.fagerstrom[at]atalent.fi, 050 505 3170).