OpenOcean is one of the leading venture capital firms in the Nordics, made up of 11 highly motivated and driven individuals. As an investor in software start-ups, OpenOcean’s mission is to continually recognize and support outstanding entrepreneurs in Europe to help them build international companies around their disruptive new products.
As former entrepreneurs, the core team has built and scaled two software companies to large global success. The first one, MySQL AB, was sold in 2008 for $1B and the second one, MariaDB Ab, founded in 2010, is currently one of the top ranked database companies in the world, with tens of millions of users and tens of million in revenue, and backed by Alibaba, Intel and other global investors.
To support our growth, we are now looking for a driven and number-smart Finance Specialist to join our team at our Helsinki office. If you are analytical, passionate about technology startups, and have an entrepreneurial attitude towards work, you sound like the person we are looking for!
At the beginning, we expect you to get familiar with our operations including the routine financial and operational tasks at a detailed level. Afterwards, you will have the freedom to develop and automate processes, and look into using external service providers as you see smart.
To get a fast start in this role, you have ideally graduated with an M.Sc. degree in Economics, Business Administration, or similar, and you have already some relevant previous experience. First and foremost, we are looking for a person who has a strong drive to work in venture capital, the ability to manage his or her own work independently, and a high potential to grow into a management level position in the long-term.
Your role is versatile and will be customized to your skills, but in general you will have ownership over a variety of tasks related from routine financial operations and collaborating with our controller to budgeting and financial management. You will also have a significant role within our fund management, such as managing our investment transactions as well as following and developing fund metrics. Finally, you will be co-operating with our analyst team in fundraising related matters and with financial reporting of our portfolio companies.
We can offer you:
- An excellent opportunity to challenge yourself in a versatile and responsible role as well as a chance to develop as a finance professional, and additionally in the long-term a possible career path to for example Financial Director’s shoes.
- High degree of flexibility to organize your work as you see fit.
- A great team-spirit in a top-notch professional team that is passionate and highly committed to the common goals and growing a successful business.
- Forward-looking, flat organization where everyone’s voice is heard, and where you can influence on decisions and ways of working.
- A chance to explore the extremely interesting world of start-up companies and venture capital.
- A competitive compensation model that will be negotiated based on your level of experience.
We expect from you:
- A relevant university level degree majoring e.g. in accounting, finance, industrial engineering and management or economics. Studies in business law are an advantage.
- Some previous work experience within financial administration (e.g. accounting, controller or such).
- High degree of initiative and ability to work independently.
- Passion to work with numbers and proficiency with Excel.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and in Finnish. Swedish language skills are an asset.
Sounds like the perfect role for you? Please submit your CV, a short cover letter and a transcript of your study records, all in pdf-format, at the latest on 28th of August here: https://apply.atalent.fi/openocean-venture-capital-finance-specialist-8-2018. Please also mention your salary request and the earliest possible starting date in your application documents.
You can read more about OpenOcean here: http://openocean.vc/. For more information about the position and the recruitment process contact aTalent’s Recruitment Manager Laura Isosomppi (044 557 7737, laura.isosomppi[at]atalent.fi).