Sharetribe is building a better sharing economy by making platform technology accessible to everyone. Our software products Sharetribe Go and Sharetribe Flex make it easy and affordable for aspiring entrepreneurs and organisations to build their own sharing economy platforms, such as a website like Airbnb or an app like Uber. impact. We have customers in 50 countries, on all 6 continents and our software is already used by more than half a million people. Read more about our products here. We are currently a team of 17 and if you want to have a closer look of who we are, you can do it here.
In this role you’ll focus on frontend development of the Sharetribe Flex and you’ll be working in close collaboration with other developers, designers and customers. The role will be modified to match your own skills and interests. The person we are looking for is able to take responsibility and has a self-imposed way of working. We hope that you already have some previous experience in web development but when needed you can get support from more experienced team members. Sharetribe values diversity of background and opinion and because of that they are looking for people who want to contribute to not only in making products better but also to their company culture!
We are looking for someone with:
- eagerness and willingness to learn
- some previous experience in web development for example through summer or part-time jobs
- a true desire to contribute to our culture and operations
- full proficiency in English, both written and spoken
We consider as an asset:
- interest towards functional programming and/or skills in Clojure
Many notable tech companies can offer you a competitive salary, a highly skilled team to work with and learn from, a non-hierarchical culture, and a myriad of hard problems to tackle. Sharetribe offers all these, too, but the following five things differentiate them from others:
- Work for a cause – We are building a more democratic sharing economy: one that is not ruled by Silicon Valley giants like Uber, Deliveroo and Airbnb, but where thousands of local sharing platforms thrive instead. Our unusual company structure ensures that Sharetribe will always remain independent and focused on its mission. Learn more about it in English or Finnish.
- Have a global impact – We have customers in 50 countries, on all 6 continents and our software is already used by more than half a million people. All your work immediately impacts the livelihood of a large number of people all around the world.
- You are in charge (really) – Sharetribe is not governed by outside shareholders. All the voting power is held within the team, and you really get to affect how the company is run, and what its strategy should be.
- Full transparency – Our core belief is that to be able to work together efficiently, people need to trust each other fully. We believe that maximal transparency fosters maximal trust. At Sharetribe, you will know the salary of each teammate (and they will know yours), and you can at any time check how much money we have in the bank or how much profit (or loss) we’re making.
- Perks that matter – We help you maintain a healthy life balance and offer you significant freedom to design your ideal working conditions, including time and location.
Sound like you? Please submit your application letter and CV as soon as possible but latest by September 17th, 2018 here: https://apply.atalent.fi/sharetribe-frontend-developer-9-2018. Please convert your application documents into PDF. If you have a GitHub profile or equivalent, we would be happy to have a look. Also, please note that we are going through applications already during the application period, so early bird catches the worm!
For more information about the position or the recruitment process, please contact aTalent’s Recruitment Manager Jasmin Shams (jasmin.shams[at]atalent.fi, 0504350807).