For over 25 years, Epic Games has been making award-winning games and game engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that brings environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Epic Games Finland provides live services to over 80 online multiplayer PC games in collaboration with over 43 game studios. Their suite of Gamer Services in Game Security, Game Telemetry and Game Community target the live management of player engagement, and empower developers and publishers to make the right decisions in their games 24/7, with ease. Our services build upon the existing infrastructure that already serves over 100 million users and gives us unmatched ability to provide state of the art tools for the PC gaming industry.
Epic Games Helsinki is now looking for a Game Security Engineer to join our growing team and work with not only our own titles but a wide variety of games from around the world. You’ll write code in an extremely unique and fast-paced environment to counteract cheats while minimizing invasiveness. You’ll need to have an independent ability to write high quality code and strong communication skills for working with teams within and outside Epic. To be successful in this role you need to have the ability to thrive in chaos and enjoy working with the team toward a common goal.
- Apply deep knowledge of operating system internals to detect and prevent the latest cheating techniques
- Reverse engineer cheats and other malicious software
- Actively seek out the next opportunity to make an improvement
- Communicate regularly with game developers to meet their unique needs
- Build a strong overall understanding of our game security systems
- Work closely with anti-cheat data analysts to quickly iterate on new techniques
- 3+ years of experience with C++ in a professional environment
- Knowledge of C++11 and newer standards
- Background in reverse engineering malware is a plus
- Experience exploring game cheats is also a plus
- General familiarity with databases and message broker systems would be helpful
- Experience with Unreal Engine is considered a plus
What Epic Games offers:
Epic Games Finland offers an opportunity to work in one of the premier game studios in the world. The work is challenging with great opportunities to learn and apply your skills . You’ll get the chance to become part of industry groups and collaborate with the great minds with many of our varying partner organizations in the gaming industry. You’ll also get to work internationally with trips to conferences. At Epic we give you the freedom to do your work when and how you like, as long as is done well. We have relaxed and flexible working environment at our awesome office space in Ruoholahti. We also provide an excellent insurance coverage with private health and dental care.
Sounds good? If you’re the person we’re looking for, send by latest December 2nd your CV, application and relevant samples (Github link etc.) of your projects here: https://apply.atalent.fi/epic-games-finland-game-security-engineer-11-2018
You can read more about Epic Games Finland https://www.kamu.gg/acquisition/ If you have questions about the application process, please contact Recruitment Manager Mia Paatsalo (mia.paatsalo[at]atalent.fi +358 50 468 0610).
This is going to be Epic!