Carus is a global supplier of information systems to the travel and transport industry. With a customer base of corporate, state and privately owned companies, we build and support systems that are critical to the operations of ferry, cruise, port and leisure businesses across the world. Carus was originally founded in 1998 and currently we are a team of 45. Our head office is located in Mariehamn, but we also have offices in Denmark, UK, US and Espoo, Finland. Right now we are looking to expand our software development team in Espoo.
Carus is looking for a Jr. Full Stack Developer to join their agile software development team in Espoo. In this position you will be working with Carus’ main product CarRes, a business-critical reservations system for our global passenger shipping customers. Within CarRes, your main area of responsibility will be development of web user interfaces, with emphasis on the API-layer supporting those front ends. Inhouse user interfaces for business applications are commonly transitioning from desktop applications to web user interfaces, which is why we use web technologies for both online sales channels and inhouse application UIs. On top of API knowledge you’ll need full stack understanding so you can work all the way from frontend to database and connect all the parts.
Carus is looking for a self-driven person with the ability to learn quickly and carry responsibility for your own work. You’ll get to participate hands-on right from the start and learn through working, but there will also be the rest of the development team to mentor and support you when needed. Instead of specific programming languages, we expect you to have some basic programming knowledge and the ability to absorb new skills quickly. At Carus, developers work with the following tech stack: Java, .NET, Angular, PHP, JS, Bash, Ansible & PL/SQL. In the beginning the emphasis will be on Java & .NET in this position.
You can be recently graduated or in the last phases of your studies looking for your first occupation in development.
Carus is looking for someone with:
- University degree or on-going studies from a relevant field, e.g. computer science, information technology, mathematics or equivalent or comparable experience
- A junior level understanding of both backend and frontend programming for web solutions
- A junior level skill set with relational databases
- Excellent problem solving skills and persistency
- Fluency in English, both spoken and written
Carus considers as a plus:
- Swedish language skills
Carus and this position can offer you:
- The stability of an established international company but the flexibility of a small and agile development team
- The chance to take responsibility and have an effect on the big picture with your input
- Mentoring and support from more experienced team members
- A relaxed atmosphere at the office and flexibility on working hours
- Competitive salary and benefits
- In this position you will be employed directly to Carus Ab Ltd.
Got interested? Please submit your application letter and CV by latest 5th of March 2019 here: https://apply.atalent.fi/carus-jr-full-stack-developer-2-2019. Please mention your salary request and possible starting date in your application documents.
You can familiarize yourself with Carus here: https://www.carus.com/. For more information about the recruitment process contact aTalent’s Recruitment Manager Jasmin Shams (+358 50 4350807, jasmins.shams[at]atalent.fi).