Medaffcon Oy is an Espoo, Finland, based Medical Affairs and Market Access consulting company. As of August2018 Medaffcon’s personnel consists of 25 full-time employees. Medaffcon’s core competence is a combination of wide top-notch expertise and practical know-how. The quality of our services is based on our strong medical, scientific, industrial and health economic knowledge and experience, outstanding process and project management and our wide-ranging cooperation network. We at Medaffcon dive into our clients’ challenges and customise practical solutions for them. We believe in the power of interaction. Our vision is to act as a selected strategic partner for different types of health economic and scientific projects in Finland and abroad. With our constant personal growth and development, we provide our customers with new significant perspectives and solutions.
Medaffcon is looking for a Junior Bioinformatician to analyze real world data. You get to familiarize yourself with Big data, data processing and data analyzes. You´ll be a part of Medaffcon´s professional team. Your task is to analyze clinical and genetic patient data as part of various research projects. To succeed in this position, you should have some knowledge of data processing, data analyzes, research and statistical planning and reporting. Our aim is to find solutions and bring added value to our customers.
We are looking for a highly motivated person who is able to quickly learn and adopt new things. We hope you have a curios mindset, good stress tolerance and ability to multitask. We provide training in our procedures and processes. The position is fulltime, but if you are at the end of your studies, the working hours are negotiable. We offer you an excellent learning and growth opportunity in a non-hierarchical and creative team environment.
In a nutshell – we look for:
- Relevant educational background (e.g. Statistics, Science, engineering or equivalent)
- Knowledge in statistics & skills to apply statistical models to practice, we prefer knowledge on R, however you are free to use the tools of your preference
- Database skills e.g. in SQL or other relevant
- Self-directed analytical working style, strong teamworking skills, ability to solve problems and interest towards healthcar
- Fluency in English – our reporting language is English, Finnish skills are seen as an advantage
What Medaffcon can offer you:
- A chance to participate in client projects from day one
- A key role and a permanent position in a rapidly expanding health tech company
- The support of an experienced and versatile team
- A possibility to develop your professional skills and build up a relevant work experience with unique projects
Experience of working with similar tasks is naturally a benefit but more importantly, we are looking for the right type of naturally curious person that enjoys solving complex challenges and taking ownership of their work.
If you’re the Junior Bioinformatician we’re looking for, send your CV and application letter (preferably in PDF-form) by the latest on the 16th of September here: https://apply.atalent.fi/medaffcon-junior-bioinformatician-8-2018 Please mention your earliest possible starting date and salary request. You can read more about Medaffcon at www.medaffcon.fi/. For information on the application process, please contact Recruitment Manager Cécil Fagerström (cecil.fagerstrom[at]atalent.fi, 050 505 3170).