Medaffcon Oy is an Espoo, Finland, based Medical Affairs and Market Access consulting company. As of October 2019 Medaffcon’s personnel consists of 27 full-time employees. Medaffcon’s core competence is a combination of wide top-notch expertise and practical know-how. The quality of our services is based on our strong medical, scientific, industrial and health economic knowledge and experience, outstanding process and project management and our wide-ranging cooperation network. We at Medaffcon dive into our clients’ challenges and customise practical solutions for them. We believe in the power of interaction. Our vision is to act as a selected strategic partner for different types of health economic and scientific projects in Finland and abroad. With our constant personal growth and development, we provide our customers with new significant perspectives and solutions.
Medaffcon is looking for a (Junior) Bioinformatician to analyze real world data. In the position you get to develop yourself on Big Data, data processing and data analyzes as part of Medaffcon´s professional team. Your task is to analyze clinical and genetic patient data as part of various research projects. To succeed in this position, you should have at least some knowledge of data processing, data analyzes, research and statistical planning and reporting. Our aim is to find solutions and bring added value to our customers.
We are looking for a highly motivated person who is able to quickly learn and adopt new things. We hope you have a curious mindset, good stress tolerance and ability to multitask. We provide training in our procedures and processes but should you already be a confident data-professional, we do not constrain your creativity and proactive idea-generation, either. All in all, we offer you an interesting yet challenging learning and growth opportunity in a non-hierarchical, laid-back and creative team environment.
The position is full-time, but in case you are currently finishing your studies, the working hours are negotiable to some extent.
In a nutshell – we are looking for:
- Relevant educational background (e.g. Statistics, Science, engineering or equivalent)
- Knowledge in statistics & skills to apply statistical models in practice – we require knowledge on R, however you are free to use the tools of your preference
- Basic database skills e.g. in SQL or other relevant
- Self-directed analytical working style, strong teamworking skills, ability to solve problems and interest towards healthcare
- Fluency in English – our reporting language is English, Finnish skills are seen as an advantage
What Medaffcon offers you:
- A chance to participate in client projects from day one
- A key role and a permanent position in a rapidly expanding health tech company
- The support of an experienced and versatile team
- A possibility to develop your professional skills on unique projects
- Flexible working hours and a chance to work remotely
Experience of working with similar tasks is naturally a benefit but more importantly, we are looking for the right type of naturally curious person that enjoys solving complex challenges and taking ownership of their work.
If you’re the (Junior) Bioinformatician we’re looking for, send your CV and application letter (preferably in PDF-form) by the latest on the 30th of October here: https://apply.atalent.fi/medaffcon-junior-bioinformatician-10-2019. Please mention your earliest possible starting date and salary request. You can read more about Medaffcon at www.medaffcon.fi/. For information on the application process, please contact aTalent´s Senior Recruitment Manager Cécil Fagerström (cecil.fagerstrom[at]atalent.fi, 050 505 3170).