Highkey is a fast-growing tech startup in Los Angeles, California / Helsinki, Finland looking for talented team members who want to help shape our groundbreaking event discovery platform. Our mobile application helps students find all their events from one place. Come join a fun, scrappy team that’s using the latest tech to solve really fascinating technical problems. We just finished our pre seed fundraising. Highkey was launched 1 year ago and right now over 35,000 students are using the app. We are launching Highkey soon in 20 new colleges and trying to please 500,000 students.
Highkey is looking for a Mobile developer to join their team in Helsinki. In this position, you’ll get a vast responsibility area developing their app that is rapidly growing in popularity in the US market. Since the team of developers is still small and compact you’ll get a great chance to leave your handprint and influence the product and the company in its early stage. If you think you might be the one for this role, keep reading!
You’ll be part of a cross-functional team operating in Finland and the US. The team is responsible for the full software development life cycle, from conception to deployment. You’ll build the front-end of the application keeping the appealing visual design in mind and test software to ensure responsiveness and efficiency. You’ll also do troubleshooting, debugging and upgrades that are needed. In addition to this, you’ll write technical documentation and work with data scientists and analysts to improve the software.
We are looking for a candidate who is capable of producing scalable software solutions and also has an eye for visual design and usability. You are confident with your React Native skills and you already have done some previous projects that you can show us. You can work fluently either in Finnish or English. We hope you are a team player who thrives in a relaxed yet goal-oriented environment and really wants to help the company to succeed. You enjoy problem-solving and are not afraid of taking ownership in a small team.
We require you to have:
- Ability to work independently with React Native (skills acquired through work experience, independent projects or studies)
- Some knowledge regarding UI/UX-design
- Portfolio to showcase your previous projects (mobile apps done using React Native)
- Entrepreneurial mindset and willingness to take initiative
- Fluent Finnish or English skills
We consider as an asset:
- Work experience as a mobile developer
- Node.js skills
We can offer you:
- Broad responsibility area in a small team: you really get to influence where the app is going!
- Product with great growth potential in the US market as well as in Europe in the future
- Relaxed and development-oriented company culture and a team of young professionals
- Competitive salary and stock options
In this position you will be employed directly to Highkey.
Sounds like you? Please submit your application letter, CV and portfolio by latest 13th of May via our application system here: https://apply.atalent.fi/highkey-mobile-developer-react-native-4-2020. Please mention your salary request and possible starting date/period of notice in your application documents.
For more information about the recruitment process contact aTalent’s Recruitment Manager Lisa Jokinen (+358 50 599 1835, lisa.jokinen[ät]atalent.fi).