Samlink is an experienced Finnish provider of ICT services and solutions for the financial sector. We provide comprehensive and cost-effective services, including banking systems, data management, RPA and more. Our clients are for example Säästöpankki, Handelsbanken, Pop Pankki, Hypo, and Aktia. The aim is to build a new core banking platform and utilize cutting-edge digital technologies, which are transforming the financial services industry. Samlink is part of the international, Fortune 500 listed Cognizant group and operates in Espoo and Jyväskylä, employing over 450 professionals in Finland. You may familiarize yourself with Samlink here: https://www.samlink.fi/?lang=en. Would you like to be part of the digital transformation of the financial sector? Samlink is looking for a Network Engineer to join its network team. The job description includes versatile tasks in the area of designing and implementing IP networks. You are an integral part of product development and client projects by planning and implementing changes to the existing networks. You will instruct our partners to implement their changes in alignment with the current network architecture and security policies. In addition, you are the core part of designing, implementing and defining the secure cloud environment along with troubleshooting possible network problems. Your position is highly responsible as we operate in the financial sector and provide security critical systems with huge user volumes.
You will succeed in this role if you are a proactive and systematic person who is motivated to dig deep into the world of networks. You may be in the beginning of your career or already a more experienced talent, as long as you have gained some relevant work experience and knowledge in IP networks, network security standards, practices and policies as well as public cloud platforms. For example, you may have experience in planning secure IP networks, configuring routers and FW’s, and troubleshooting VPN connectivity.
However, you do not need to know everything! You will work together with experienced team members who will provide you support and guidance. We are preferably looking for someone who could work full-time, but part-time hours (min 30h/week) can be negotiated if you are finalizing your studies, for example. If you are looking for a thesis project, we are happy to discuss opportunities within our company.
We expect you to have:
- Relevant work experience in IP networking
- Understanding of common network security standards and policies such as ISF, CIS-TOP20, etc.
- Skills with the basic network components and tasks, such as firewalls, switches, IP protocol, routing, subnets, masking, and traffic debugging e.g. in problem solving
- Knowledge of public cloud platforms
- Relevant technical studies, for example in telecommunications or computer science
- Fluent skills in English (written and spoken)
We offer you:
- A chance to be part of the digital transformation of the financial sector at an international, well-established company
- Excellent opportunities for professional growth and improving your knowledge and skills related to networks, security policies and cloud infrastructures, for example.
- Versatile career development opportunities within Cognizant Group both in Finland and abroad
- Comprehensive training, team’s support, in addition to committed and experienced work mates
- Flexible work hours and possibilities for remote work
- A competitive salary and great possibilities to join several freetime activities from sports to music and beer clubs (check out the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOzzrNdxvj4)
In this position you will be employed directly to Samlink. A security clearance will be conducted with the chosen candidate.
Sounds like you? Please submit your cover letter and CV (in pdf) by 22.11.2020 here: https://apply.atalent.fi/samlink-network-engineer-11-2020. Please mention your salary request and possible starting date in your application.
For more information about the position and the recruitment process you may contact aTalent’s Recruitment Manager Mikko Lahti (+358 400 495 946, mikko.lahti[at]atalent.fi).