EKE-Electronics Ltd is Finnish family business which is specialized on train automation and Train Management Systems. EKE-Electronics is the global market leader in its field. EKE provides leading technologies to train manufacturers, operators and integrators for efficient train manufacturing and operations. We provide tailored solutions for system integration, train automation, train communications and improved safety. We have solutions for high speed trains, commuter trains, metros, trams, passenger coaches and locomotives. We have already installed more than 12,000 systems around the world and continue to serve our customers with the highest quality and reliability.
EKE-Electronics is now looking for a motivated PLC programmer to join its team in Espoo. In this versatile role you will get to work with train control and management system projects as a part of EKE’s project engineering team. Your tasks will consist of PLC coding and specification of train control and management system functionalities. You will be testing the system at EKE’s office and in production as well as abroad with the customer. You also get to train customers regarding system functionalities and create the training materials needed for that.
This role is a match for someone who thrives in a fast-paced environment and is eager to take ownership regarding their own work. Projects will occasionally take you to different countries and cultures so travelling suits your life situation and you are someone who easily adapts to situations. In this position you cooperate closely with customers, so even though you are a self-starter you enjoy team work as well. You have a relevant degree and already some experience from PLC programming for example through your studies. Also good spoken and written English skills are needed in order to succeed in this job. You will get a comprehensive introduction to EKE’s product offering and this role and will first work with the assistance of experienced colleagues.
We require you to have:
- Automation engineering degree
- Some experience regarding PLC programming
- Linux knowledge (command line, file system concepts, etc.)
- General knowledge of networking technologies: Ethernet, TCP/IP, NAT, DHCP and DNS
- Ability to travel internationally (about 2 days-2 weeks at a time)
- Good spoken and written English skills (ability to write technical documentation)
We consider as an asset:
- Git version control
- Programming experience including knowledge of Systems Development Life Cycle
- Experience in documenting design and operation of systems and software
- Atlassian tools: JIRA, Bitbucket, Confluence
- Knowledge in basic electric circuits and electronics
- Ability to read electrical schematic diagrams
- Knowledge in industrial bus technologies (Ethernet, CAN, Modbus, Profibus, WTB, MVB)
We can offer you:
- Culture of a family business: long-term focus is what matters instead of quarterly results
- Responsible and meaningful role working with safety critical systems
- Great opportunity to gain international work experience
- Possibility to acquire deep technical knowledge with a wide scope
In this position you will be employed directly to EKE-Electronics.
Sound like you? Please submit your application letter, CV and transcript of studies or diploma by latest 23rd of October here: https://apply.atalent.fi/eke-electronics-ltd-plc-programmer-train-control-and-management-systems-10-2019. Please mention your salary request and possible starting date in your application documents.
You can familiarize yourself with EKE-Electronics here: https://www.eke-electronics.com/. For more information about the recruitment process contact aTalent’s Recruitment Manager Lisa Jokinen (0505991835, lisa.jokinen[ät]atalent.fi).