Coinmotion is the leading cryptocurrency service provider in the Nordics and one of Finland’s fastest-growing financial technology companies. We’re revolutionizing the cryptocurrency industry by providing an ever-expanding offering of cryptocurrency investing services for everybody, regardless of their knowledge and skills. With Coinmotion you can securely store and trade cryptocurrencies using our user-friendly app and web platforms. The headquarters is in Jyväskylä, and we have offices in Helsinki and Tampere as well.
Coinmotion is looking for a Senior Data Analyst to join the growing team. This is a new, autonomous role that gives you the chance to implement your own strategy on how data analytics could be utilized in a systematic, effective way to support and improve Coinmotion’s decision making and growth. You will be part of the Information Management team responsible for e.g. internal IT infrastructure, server maintenance, and information security. You will also work closely with the Growth team that increases the company’s growth rate by testing new ways to acquire, retain, and monetize Coinmotion’s users.
In this position, you are given the freedom to structure your own tasks and milestones, but here is an example of how your role could progress. First, you will familiarize yourself with Coinmotion’s database and different data sources. You will construct a plan of how data could be collected from the Coinmotion platform, internal systems, Google Cloud, Google Workspace, and other potential sources. With the support of Product Development you build data pipelines and automate data collection. After that, you will aggregate and analyze the gathered data and provide analysis mostly for Business Development and Management. You will mostly focus on high-level analytics, deepening internal stakeholders’ understanding of e.g., the Coinmotion users, their behavior on the platform, user interfaces, acquisition, retention, and monetization. Once a functioning data infrastructure is established, you could be part of setting up an analytics team that provides analysis for other business units as well.
Coinmotion offers you:
- A chance to work in one of the fastest developing industries and to be part of the crypto revolution
- A role that combines freedom, autonomy, and responsibility – you get to contribute to Coinmotion’s growth and potentially be part of establishing a whole data analytics team
- Great possibilities for professional growth in the field of data analytics
- Highly professional colleagues who all strive toward a common goal
- Sports, culture, and lunch benefits, occupational health care plan, and an Auntie.io coaching service to support your well-being
- Workshops abroad – we have taken the team e.g. to Spain and Malta to work and have fun
- Offices in Helsinki, Jyväskylä and Tampere, but you can also work fully remotely
- A performance-based bonus in addition to salary
We hope you to have:
- A minimum of few years of experience in relevant roles (e.g. data analytics or data engineering), including handling, analyzing and visualizations
- Experience of Qlik Sense. Alternatively, you have skills in Power BI and other BI tools
- Experience of data management structures, databases and data schema best practices
- Skills in software development
- Analytical mindset combined with a hands-on working style
- Proficiency in English
We consider as an asset:
- Experience of cloud environments, such as Google Cloud
- Understanding or interest in cryptocurrencies and FinTech industry
- Finnish language skills
In this position you will be employed directly by Coinmotion.
Please submit your CV or LinkedIn profile (cover letter optional) by the latest 19th of December via our application system. Feel free to mention your salary request and preferred starting date in your application documents.
Please note that the first interview rounds will be held during weeks 51 and 52.
You can familiarize yourself with Coinmotion here: https://coinmotion.com/ . For more information about the position, the recruitment process or the schedule, contact aTalent’s Recruitment Manager Kiira Ojala (kiira.ojala(at)atalent.fi, +358 50 553 7760).