BEL Solutions is a Finnish SaaS company developing and providing clients with custom-made solutions as well as a line of standardized software products. We have a broad client base ranging from Finnish public sector organisations to large multinational corporations from Lindström to Posti and Edenred. As an example of our product line, check out TuloPOS point of sale and inventory management system used by over 100 restaurants and the e-invoice address portal for TIEKE (verkkolaskuosoite.fi). As an organisation we are small, flexible and growing. By joining us you will get to work with a bunch of easygoing software development professionals and be a central part of planning and developing new solutions. You can familiarize yourself with BEL Solutions here: www.bel.fi.
We are looking for a Senior Fullstack Developer to join our team of three software developers. Soon after joining us, you will get to decide whether you would like to focus on developing further the existing standardized products and extending the current solutions to new business areas. Or, then you can choose to develop customized software for our clients. In the future, our business will rely more and more on standardized products and we’re expecting a steady growth from that area. Next on our roadmap comes developing further the TuloPOS system, for example. All of our products are build on our own cloud-based service platform.
In this position, you will be planning and developing software as a fullstack developer. You are involved in planning our new solutions, the way we build them as well as the technologies we work with. The exact tasks and responsibilities can be tailored according to your skills and interests, but in general you will be designing the software, building a system logic with Java, designing databases (typically PostgreSQL), and depending on the project, developing user interfaces with TypeScript. You will also develop and document APIs to connect our solutions with clients’ software. If you want, you may also take more responsibility in client communication. Our efficient and iterative software development process follows roughly the idea of extreme programming. The work will be done at our office, or even partly remotely if that suits you better. Based on your life situation, we can offer you either full-time or part-time work (minimum 3-4 days/week).
We are looking for a developer who has comprehensive understanding and several years of work experience in software development, preferably in Java and object-oriented programming. You know the best development practices and you are able to persuade your solutions and choices. You are quick to learn and apply different Java frameworks and environments. It doesn’t matter whether you are an introvert or an extrovert person. You will fit into our team and culture if you are flexible, able to work independently, ready to take responsibility and excited to learn new things!
We expect you to have:
- Several years of work experience in software development
- Skills in object-oriented programming
- Good communication skills in English
We consider as an asset (but don’t require):
- Skills in Finnish
- Skills in Linux and other programming languages
- Hobby projects to showcase your programming skills
- Relevant technical education
We offer you:
- Interesting and versatile tasks with varying software and client projects in an established, growing company
- A chance to broaden your expertise and grow professionally. Based on your skills and interests, you may get larger responsibilities and your role can be modified to new areas, e.g. project management. Or then you may just focus on doing what you are already good at!
- Freedom and flexibility – you may work full-time or part-time and partly remotely. You’ll get to choose your tools and devices.
- A bunch of easygoing team mates who will support you in your work and also organizes freetime activities
- Competitive salary, an optional bonus system, and later on, a chance to buy shares of the company
- Good perks ranging from free dental care to a sports and culture benefit. In addition there will soon be a brand-new gym near the office you may use freely
In this position you will be employed directly to BEL Solutions.
Sounds like your next challenge? Please submit your application letter and CV (in PDF) by latest 3rd of December 2019 via our application system here: https://apply.atalent.fi/bel-solutions-senior-fullstack-developer-11-2019. Please mention your salary request and possible starting date in your application documents. Please also attach any links that could be useful for us to check out (GitHub, Bitbucket, LinkedIn profiles, for example).
For more information about the position and the recruitment process contact aTalent’s Recruitment Manager Anna Kerava (+358 44 204 9486, anna.kerava[at]atalent.fi).