Jaicom, established in 1999, is the leading provider of customer management systems in the Nordic countries now expanding to Central Europe. The company offers the broadest range of services and products in the market, including software and a wide selection of services for newspaper and magazine publishers and also for association.
Over 120 media companies with more than 500 titles use Jaicom’s products and services in their subscription and distribution operations. The company has locations in eight cities in the Nordic countries, as well as operations in several European countries, such as Austria, Germany and the UK. With our long-term partnership with major technology supplier Jaicom guarantees the best-of-breed products and services to its customers.
We are looking for a Software Developer to strengthen our development team preferably in Jyväskylä. Jaicom is renewing their Customer Management System’s architecture – this is where you step in. The system is called Kayak and it is a comprehensive system for managing subscriptions and distribution. It is a tool for managing customer service, invoicing, accounts receivable, marketing, and sales related to printed and digital products and services.
You’ll start from smaller development tasks and getting familiar with the system. As soon as you feel comfortable taking ownership, you’ll get a chance to take the reins over bigger projects. You’ll be working on our internal product development and client projects. You can start either from frontend or backend development or hop straight into fullstack if that’s your thing.
In internal product development, you may be working either on the previous platform or the new one depending on your strengths and interests. In the previous platform, we use Visual Studio, C#, VB.NET, Oracle and PL/SQL. In the new platform, we deal with technologies such as Ruby on Rails, React and AWS in addition. However, previous experience from all of them is not required. Your daily tasks include navigating between the platforms and making the necessary changes and transfers from the old system to the new one. In client projects, you will implement and integrate Kayak to client’s systems, maintain existing solutions and develop new features based on our clients’ needs.
Typically each developer has three to four projects going on simultaneously. The development team is working within two-month sprints. You’ll work closely with the development teams around Finland (and some in Sweden and China) as well as with our help desk and project managers.
We invite junior and senior-level developers from various backgrounds to apply. The tasks and responsibilities in this role can be adjusted according to your skills and interests. We provide you growth opportunities and support. People at Jaicom stay with us for a long time and we want to ensure that in your case as well!
We hope you to have:
- Skills in some of the technologies and programming languages from our stack: Visual Studio, C#, VB.NET, Ruby on Rails, Oracle Cloud (or other cloud technologies), PL/SQL (or other databases)
- Some relevant work experience (e.g. summer job, traineeships). We are also welcoming developers with more years of experience and the role is customizable to your background.
- Good communication skills
- Fluent skills in English
We consider as an advantage:
- Relevant educational background (e.g. computer science, information technology)
- Skills in other programming languages
- Fluent skills in Finnish
We offer you:
- Challenging responsibilities and the possibility to learn a lot from system architecture change
- A possibility to work with modern technologies and create something totally new
- Internal career development opportunities based on your interests
- Easy-going and low hierarchy team spirit and support from highly experienced colleagues
- A secure and long-lasting job in a stable company
- A possibility to rotate in all our locations: Jyväskylä, Oulu, Turku or Helsinki
- Competitive salary and fringe benefits such as lunch, massage and sports & culture benefits
- Flexible working hours and the possibility for remote work
- Great office location and modern and inspiring working environment
In this position, you will be employed directly to Jaicom.
Did we catch your attention? Please submit your application letter and CV (in PDF format) by the latest 20th of December via our application system. Please mention your possible starting date in your application documents. If you have a LinkedIn, GitHub, Stack Overflow, or similar profile, please also link them to your CV. Please note that we might proceed in the recruitment process already during the application period.
You can familiarize yourself with Jaicom here: https://www.jaicom.com/en/. For more information about the recruitment process contact aTalent’s Recruitment Manager Milla Saari (+358 50 524 1998, milla.saari[ät]atalent.fi). The best way to reach me is by email.