Furuno Finland Oy, a subsidiary owned by Japanese Furuno Electric Co, Ltd, is the largest marine electronics supplier and importer in Finland. Our strategic R&D unit in Espoo makes us unique in the global Furuno Group. Furuno Finland Oy has been awarded by Kauppalehti with Menestyjä (Achiever) certificate for several years.
Furuno Finland imports, supplies and provides installation and maintenance of navigation, communication and fish finding equipment as well as systems at home and abroad. Our product range includes solutions for foreign and domestic shipping companies, various authorities, shipyards and boatyards. You can familiarize yourself with Furuno here: https://www.furuno.fi/.
Furuno is searching for a Software Developer (C++) to join their R&D unit of 12 members in Espoo. In this position, you will be mainly working with Furuno’s navigation and surveillance systems for PC, including both backend and frontend development. As a skillful problem solver you will be working with versatile tasks in the area of marine software development, for example geodata, sensor fusion, graphics, communications or UI. Depending on your skills, you have a chance to participate in all stages of the software development from defining the requirements and planning the architecture to programming, API development and test automation. You may still be in the beginning of your career or already a more experienced developer, as long as you have gathered experience in backend development (C++ and Linux). Most importantly you have high motivation to learn more amongst our group of experts. We are preferably looking for a full-time developer, but a part-time role can be negotiated if that suits better to your situation.
At Furuno, with the support of your colleagues, you will become an expert in marine IT. We are proud of our own unique products and feel committed to our work. Here you can truly make an impact on product development in the maritime industry. Your final role will be adaptable depending on your preferences and areas of expertise.
We offer you:
- Possibility to work in a truly global company developing software for professional use
- A great chance to learn and work in the marine industry
- An opportunity to work in an invested and skilled team
- Competitive salary and flexibility with working hours
- Possibility to work with versatile tasks in navigation, graphics, UI and data processing
- A chance to receive mentoring from experts in the field and grow professionally – depending on your skills and motivation, you’ll have a chance to get more responsibility in the projects and client collaboration.
We require from you:
- Some work experience in backend development with C++
- Familiarity with Linux
- Analytical mindset and motivation for product development
- Fluent skills in English
We consider as an asset:
- Relevant studies in software development/engineering
- Programming skills in Python
- Fluent skills in Finnish
In this position you will be employed directly to Furuno. Security clearance will be conducted with the chosen candidate.
Sounds like you? Please submit your application letter and CV (in pdf) by latest 17th of September via our application system here: https://apply.atalent.fi/furuno-software-developer-c-9-2020. Please mention the possible starting date in your application documents.
For more information about the position and the recruitment process contact aTalent’s Recruitment Manager Anna Kerava (+358 44 204 9486, anna.kerava[at]atalent.fi).