Accountor Finago is the manufacturer of the leading financial management software products in Finland and a part of Accountor Group’s FMS financial management software business. The software products are used by over 2,500 accounting offices and we serve over 120,000 companies in Finland, Sweden, Norway and Denmark.
Accountor specialises in software solutions and outsourcing services for financial and HR services. The group employs about 2.350 experts in seven countries. Our mission is to help our customers use the possibilities of modern technology and digitalization in their everyday work. The group’s headquarters is in Espoo, Finland. In addition to Finland, we operate in Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Netherlands, Russia and Ukraine. The turnover of the Accountor Group was 221 M€ in 2020.
You can read more about our supportive, trusting and friendly atmosphere here on our social media pages or behind #accountorteam.
Accountor Finago is looking for a full-time, fixed-term Software Developer enthusiastic about product development for the summer of 2022 – perhaps you? Product Development is at the heart of Accountor Finago and as a Software Developer you will mainly work with agile development on continuous improvement of Procountor, a web-based financial management software (check out dev.procountor.com). The core codebase of Procountor is mostly written in Java and the open-source Vaadin framework is used for providing a beautiful front-end to the end-user. React.js is used for mobile development and other key technologies include MySQL, JUnit, Jenkins, Docker, Ansible and Git. The work is currently more backend-oriented, however, it is moving towards full stack development in the future. Nevertheless, besides writing clean code, you will, if you so like, have the opportunity to dabble in the design as well as testing of the software.
As a future Software Developer you are self-imposed, have a solution-focused attitude and take responsibility for your own work. In this position you will be working in a Scrum team, so as a team member you are willing to both ask for and give assistance – not to forget being friendly and fun to work with!
With these you are one step ahead:
- Relevant educational background
- Some experience in coding (e.g. Java, C# or Python) either as studies or hobbyism
- Basic knowledge of (web-based) software
- Basic knowledge of relational databases (e.g. SQL)
- Fluency in English both written and spoken
It is a plus if you have:
- Relevant work experience in software development or the similar
Why join a+ team?
- You won’t be alone: having a growing team of 100 multicultural product development professionals, including 30 specialized in software development, around you for ideas and feedback – not to mention the rest of our organisation
- We have great people: a truly international group of professionals making top-quality software together
- Relaxed and trusting atmosphere, both at the office as well as working remotely
- Challenging and rewarding tasks
- We offer a substantial set of benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Your manager as your own personal coach to support you, your well-being and your career – with time dedicated regularly to you
- Extensive occupational health services
- Lunch and recreational benefits
- Employee-hosted recreational clubs – also virtually
Take advantage of this opportunity and join our a+ team for the summer! Please submit your CV and motivation letter in PDF-format by the latest Sunday 16th of January 2022 via aTalent’s application system. Please also mention your salary request and the preferred contract length (incl. start and end date) in your application documents. Remember to use the application system, we do not accept applications by email.
Phone interviews will be started within the application period and will last until the end of January, so keep an eye on your email and phone for a potential interview invitation. Phone interviews will be followed by a video interview, but all recruitment decisions are expected to be completed by the end of February 2022. The candidates selected for the position will be employed directly by Accountor Finago. The duration of employment contracts (incl. start and end dates) can be negotiated separately and further opportunities for high performers are not excluded.
You can familiarize yourself with Accountor Finago here. For more information about the recruitment process contact aTalent’s Operations Manager Mikaela Johansson (+358 50 351 2400, mikaela.johansson(at)atalent.fi). Best times to contact are Tuesday 21st and 28th of December 2021 at 12-13 as well as Monday 3rd and 10th of January 2022 at 12-13.