Wärtsilä is a global leader in smart technologies and complete lifecycle solutions for the marine and energy markets. By emphasising sustainable innovation, total efficiency and data analytics, Wärtsilä maximises the environmental and economic performance of the vessels and power plants of its customers. In 2019, Wärtsilä’s net sales totalled EUR 5.2 billion with approximately 19,000 employees. The company has operations in over 200 locations in more than 80 countries around the world. Wärtsilä is listed on Nasdaq Helsinki.
At Wärtsilä, we value our people. That’s why we actively support our people in continuously improving themselves. We operate in over 70 countries around the world employing people with very diverse skills, backgrounds and ambitions. We believe in equal opportunities and personal growth and want to support our employees in finding their own path within Wärtsilä.
Wärtsilä Voyage Business is the frontrunner of software solutions for the Marine industry and enabling data-driven decision-making in the maritime ecosystem. The marine industry is in transformation, with heavy focus on digitalisation and connectivity. We provide automation, navigation and communication systems, dynamic positioning and situational awareness technology, safety and security solutions for vessels of all types and sizes.
We are looking for a Supply Chain Specialist to join our growing Key Account Solutions organization in Wärtsilä Voyage Solutions. The key account team helps the customer to achieve energy savings through delivering unique insight into vessel performance and maintaining real-time data collection from ships around the world.
Key Account Solutions delivers complex systems, which collect data from ship’s automation, and navigations systems, and generate new information to assist the decision-making of the vessel’s personnel. Our systems integrate to a number of other ship systems in use. As part of Key Account Teams, you will ensure timely sourcing and delivery of key components during delivery and lifecycle of our installations.
Your main responsibilities:
- Operational purchasing and shipping management of hardware
- Inventory management and forecasting
- Order and material management
- Close collaboration with Key Account teams and other stakeholders to ensure high customer satisfaction and value delivered
- Communication with supporting functions (eg. finance, delivery organizations and vendor management)
In addition, you get to participate in supply chain process development to make all the above going smoother and forward.
- Suitable academic background (bachelors or masters) in tech or economics
- Relevant work experience in supply chain coordination and/or management
- Experience using at least one CRM -system, preferably SAP
- Ms Office skills (specially Excel)
- Customer oriented mindset and capability for practical problem solving
- Fluent language skills in English
To help you succeed in this role, you have:
- Strong interest towards supply chain process development
- Detail-oriented mindset
- Ability to learn new tools quickly
- Ability to multitask between different stakeholders and projects
In addition to interesting work in a capable team in an international environment, we are able to offer you good opportunities for professional development, the nicest colleagues and strong teamwork culture. With us you get a chance to work in industries that somehow touch upon every single person’s life in the world. For instance, every third ship sailing the oceans is powered by us and every second ship is serviced by us. We power entire nations.
What we offer:
- Support for your personal development and great career opportunities (eg. Trainings, career advancement)
- Chance to work with cutting edge technologies
- Flexible working hours and possibility to work remotely
- Active culture with activities supported by Wärtsilä (for example sports and leisure)
- Competitive salary and benefits
Learn more about Wärtsilä:
Interested in really seeing the difference your skills can make? Please submit your application letter and CV (in pdf) by latest 3.3.2020 via our application system here https://apply.atalent.fi/wartsila-supply-chain-specialist-2-2020. Please mention your salary request and possible starting date in your application documents.
You can familiarize yourself with Wärtsilä here: https://www.wartsila.com/. For more information about the recruitment process contact aTalent’s Recruitment Manager Milla Saari (+358 50 524 1998, milla.saari[ät]atalent.fi).
In this position you will be employed directly to Wärtsilä.