Front AI is a Finnish rapidly growing startup providing full range of services around Conversational AI based Service Bots. The company was founded in April 2019 as a spin-off from Europe’s leading Intelligent Process Automation (IPA) -provider Digital Workforce to focus on the implementation and development of the second generation of applied Natural Language Understanding in the form of Front AI Service Bots. These deep-learning neural network solutions have an increased linguistic dexterity that allows the better recognition of user intention and data extraction, enabling a better overall user experience for the customer and value-add to the client organization’s service processes through cognitive automation on levels that have never be seen before.
Front AI’s current clients are coming from public sector, banking and insurance, payment and identity processing, education, health services, essential services as well as from NGOs. Front AI has been built from the ground up as a resilient, distributed, and flexible mostly remote organization, which currently employs around 20 FTEs and operates in Finland, Sweden and in Denmark. Read more about Front AI here: https://front.ai/.
Front AI is looking for an analytical and customer-oriented System Developer to join its mostly remote development team. You will develop systems, which power the next generation AI-based service bots that will enable full end-to-end automation of business processes.
You will work on client projects developing and implementing service bots according to their specific business cases and needs. You will collaborate directly with the client representatives and participate in requirements gathering together with clients’ business and technical people. Therefore, good interpersonal and communication skills are strongly appreciated. In addition, you will participate in various internal product development undertakings with the primary goal to enable service delivery in a modern self-service SaaS multi-tenant environment for the clients. In general, your tasks include the systems’ front and backend development as well as client specific AI training, tuning and configuration work, documentation work, and operational tasks, e.g. client-specific system customization, deployment and change management.
You will work in an agile startup environment, with rapidly changing work item prioritization, hectic schedules, and fluid responsibilities. We are looking for a developer who is ready to take on different tasks related to not only programming but also to the entire software development lifecycle and especially change management. You are a great fit for the team if you are flexible, enjoy working mostly remotely and are eager to learn new. Despite growing remote conferencing with clients, there are still occasionally on-premises visits and workshops both at Front AI’s office in Helsinki and at client premises in Finland. The person should be able to travel to our current area of delivery and sales operations (Sweden, Denmark, Norway, Germany, Poland, UK and USA). For this role work permit in Finland is required.
We offer you:
- A chance to develop service bots based on deep-learning neural networks and to work with AI – one of the megatrends in tech
- Versatile tasks and responsibilities in a rapidly growing and well-funded startup, where operational processes have been streamlined
- An opportunity to build your understanding e.g. of distributed systems and streaming architectures
- Flexible work hours and mostly remote work
- A chance to build the future of work by developing Front AI’s remote practices and bringing new understanding on how a healthy and active developer community can be built even when the employees seldom meet each other face-to-face
We expect you to have:
- A few years of work experience in software development, preferably from different projects and positions
- Good understanding of the entire software development lifecycle and change management
- Business sense and experience in requirements gathering
- Experience of serverless environments and containers
- Knowledge and experience in cloud services (e.g. AWS), serverless environments and containers
- Good communication skills in English and Finnish
We consider an asset:
- Understanding of business intelligence/analytics concepts, tools, KPIs as well as managing (ETL) and visualising data, and serving dashboards for multi-tenant users
- Experience with modern authentication standards
- Good documentation skills and ability to write descriptive code
Sounds like you? Please submit your application letter and CV (in pdf) by latest 7th of June 2020 here: https://apply.atalent.fi/front-ai-system-developer-5-2020. Please mention your salary request and possible starting date in your application documents. If you have a LinkedIn, GitHub, Stack Overflow, or similar profile, please also link them to your CV.
For more information about the position and the recruitment process contact aTalent’s Recruitment Manager Anna Kerava (+358 44 204 9486, anna.kerava[at]atalent.fi).
In this position you will be employed directly to Front AI.