Etteplan is a progressive group of more than 3.000 global technical specialists who are working to spark positive change in the world of engineering. We believe that solving tomorrow’s engineering challenges will require a different, more structured, focused approach. Based on our deep industrial insights in varied sectors, we apply new thinking in three service areas: engineering, embedded systems & IoT as well as technical documentation. Our specialists apply unique engineering expertise and service products over the entire product life cycle. With over 50 offices in Finland, Sweden, the Netherlands, Germany, Poland, and China we provide a truly global business environment. In our virtual expert teams there are many opportunities for professionals who are passionate about learning and sharing knowledge.
If this sounds interesting, let’s get together and see how we can make an engineering difference together.
We are currently looking for a communicative technical writer – a person who enjoys both writing and consulting – to join Etteplan in Hyvinkää. Etteplan’s customers are world-leading machinery and equipment manufacturers. As an independent and results-driven team player, you will maintain contact with the them, research and gather information about the products for which documentation is created, work with illustrators and translators, and also carry responsibility for deadlines. Etteplan is one of the largest companies offering documentation services across all stages of the product life cycle – from a concept till a ready-to-use device – and so, you will have an important role in ensuring that all of the customer’s technical documentation needs are met and exceeded!
You are someone who first and foremost has excellent skills in English – both spoken and written. More specifically, you have the ability to absorb and extract complex technical information as well as the ability to write it down clearly, concisely and precisely. You already have previous experience in technical writing, preferably in structured documentation, but you should at least feel comfortable and confident about learning new software programs. In addition to having an eye for language and punctuation errors and being systematic at this, you are a motivated self-starter, who enjoys challenges and is always looking to make something better!
We require you to have:
- A relevant educational background, e.g. engineering or English language
- Previous experience in writing documentation and documenting procedures, guidelines and step procedures
- Previous knowledge of document processing
- Ability to work in structured documentation environments, e.g. XML or DITA
- Customer-oriented mindset and “let’s do it” attitude
- Excellent spoken and written skills in English, as well as good spoken skills in Finnish
We consider as an asset:
- Previous knowledge of editing tools like MS Word, Adobe InDesign, Adobe FrameMaker, or other similar programs
- Experience with a content management system
- A technical and/or linguistic background
Why work with Etteplan?
Etteplan is a place for people driven by innovation and technology. We like to share our passion for trying new things, exchanging ideas and learning new technologies. Such an international environment, experience and technical knowledge helps us to develop and create incredible solutions to our client’s needs. Unknown and challenges is what we are always looking for – if this is you, this could be the place for you. We offer you the following and much, much more:
- The opportunity to join an active, multinational growth company and create world-changing solutions for the machinery industry
- A relaxed, informal working environment – with people with the same values and interest
- The possibility to work with industry professionals who are willing to share their knowledge and experience
- Vast opportunities for individual self-development and continuous learning
In this position you will be employed directly by Etteplan.
Sounds like you? Please submit your application letter and CV by latest 21.05.2019 here: https://apply.atalent.fi/etteplan-technical-writer-5-2019 . Please mention your salary request in your application documents!
You can familiarize yourself with Etteplan here: https://www.etteplan.com/. For more information about the recruitment process contact aTalent’s Recruitment Manager Mikaela Johansson (+358 50 351 2400, mikaela.johansson[at]atalent.fi).