Kaiku Health was founded in 2012 at Aalto University, Finland by five software developers deeply passionate about healthcare. Kaiku Health is a digital health intervention platform classified as a Medical Device in cancer care. Both medical professionals and cancer patients use the application to manage the patient’s treatment journey, follow symptoms and quality of life, and communicate with each other about the treatment. Kaiku Health has modules for over 25 cancer types across different cancer care pathways and is currently used in leading European cancer clinics and hospitals. Our vision is to provide personalised digital health interventions for every cancer patient. As of May 2020, Kaiku Health is part of Elekta.
Kaiku Health is looking for a Module Specialist to join the agile and purpose-driven Module team of six people! Together with software developers and medical professionals from oncology science, the team builds clinical algorithms and modules, or in other words profiles, used in the Kaiku Health application to monitor cancer patient’s treatment and provide personalised support. With the help of the modules, medical professionals follow the patients’ well-being during the treatment and communicate with them, for instance, if the patient reports signs of complications.
As a Module Specialist you get to focus on customer projects, building new modules that are used to monitor patients undergoing cancer treatments. The modules are built with technical tools and software development processes, so previous experience in coding will help you succeed in this role. You will be responsible for configuring and maintaining configurations for our customers, such as hospitals and pharmaceutical companies. The Modules team works with agile methodologies, utilizing tools and technologies such as Git, YAML configuration files and test automation. The Kaiku Health software is developed and maintained by multiple software engineering teams and the platform for creating the modules already exists.
This is a full-time, fixed-term contract of 6 months, and during the fixed-term period you will be employed as aTalent employee at Kaiku Health. After the fixed-term period, you will be employed directly by Kaiku Health with a full-time, permanent contract. The onboarding takes place at Kaiku’s Helsinki office, and after that you can choose whether you’d like to work at the office, fully remotely, or in a hybrid way.
Kaiku Health offers you:
- A truly meaningful position where you will contribute to improving the everyday lives of people living with cancer
- An opportunity to join a fast-growing, globally known tech company operating in the medical field
- A role that can be adjusted according to your skills and interests. You could either take an active role in customer communication, or work more on the backend side of the projects
- A supportive and passionate team that cherishes its startup roots, enjoys a positive atmosphere and a fast-paced, modern working environment
- Monthly breakfast meetings with the whole Kaiku team
- Flexible working hours and possibility to work remotely
We hope you to have:
- Previous experience in software development through work, studies or personal projects (frontend, backend, and/or fullstack)
- Passion for innovation and interest in life sciences and/or health technology
- Excellent teamwork skills and attention to detail
- Willingness to work in customer interface
- Fluent English language skills
We consider as an asset:
- Relevant educational background e.g. from health technology, life science technologies, bioinformation technology, or biomedical engineering
- Experience in using Git or other version control system
- Experience in working in regulated industries and quality management systems
- Skills in Finnish, Swedish, or other European languages
Please submit your CV (motivation letter optional) by the latest 12th of December via our application system. Feel free to mention your salary request, possible LinkedIn, GitHub, Stack Overflow (or similar) profile, and preferred starting date in your application documents. Please submit your application documents via our application system.
Please note that the first interview rounds will be held before Christmas, during weeks 50 and 51.
You can familiarize yourself with Kaiku Health here: https://kaikuhealth.com/ For more information about the position, the recruitment process or the schedule, contact aTalent’s Recruitment Manager Kiira Ojala (kiira.ojala(at)atalent.fi, +358 50 553 7760).