Deltamarin Group provides ship design, offshore engineering and construction support for the marine and offshore industries worldwide. Our services include the full range of consulting, design and engineering as well as procurement, support for construction and installation. The Group employs around 400 experts in its own and associated companies located in Europe and Asia. Deltamarin is a subsidiary of AVIC International Maritime Holdings Limited, which is part of the AVIC Group listed as a Fortune Global 500 corporation.
Deltamarin is now looking for a Data Engineer to join their team of Energy Efficiency Services in Helsinki! At Deltamarin, we strive to demonstrate our expertise by solving the challenges of our clients in the smartest and most efficient way. In this position you will work in a crucial role in our internal development to ensure the teams’ efficient way of working. Your tasks include handling, storaging, managing and cleaning data which our development team will further use to provide state of the art solutions to our clients. This is a completely new role so you actually have the chance to affect the tools and the way we will handle and process our data in the future. There are also great possibilities to develop your role more towards substance knowledge of the domain we are working with.
This position offers an exceptional opportunity for a recent graduate to be a part of changing the data handling in one of the leading companies in ship construction industry. We provide some flexibility if you’re at the end of your studies. You will get to work with like-minded and talented colleagues and learn from the best technical experts. You get to put all of your knowledge in use and challenge yourself while developing your skills in the field of data science. You can learn more about our projects here.
Even though we are one the leading companies in this field, you could describe the atmosphere at our office startup minded and low hierarchic. This kind of environment requires fast and creative way of thinking and hands on mentality. We appreciate it if you have already gained some experience in data science either via studies or work experience but we don’t expect you to be a full professional and have substance knowledge in this field – what we value the most is the passion to learn and grow to an expert. We embrace those who aren’t afraid to experiment and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and welcome you to create a more sustainable future for shipping in our development team!
We require you to have:
- Relevant educational background (eg. computer science)
- Understanding of data processing either via studies or work experience
- Knowledge of databases, eg. SQL
- Mindset for creative problem solving
- Ability to think outside the box and the willingness to be a part of creating something new from scratch
- Fluent skills in English
We consider as an asset:
- Skills in Matlab and Simulink
- Experience in BI tools such as Tableau
- Interest towards machine learning
- Skills in Finnish
- The chance for a student at the end of his or her studies or a recent graduate to build a long term career – Many of our present employees started their careers during their studies!
- The opportunity to take responsibility for designing and implementing entire features and affecting the tools we use in the future
- The chance to see the concrete results of your work
- A fun and relaxed atmosphere at the office
- An experienced and talented team of experts supporting you in your work
Ready to step on board? Please submit your application letter, CV and GitHub profile or other relevant working samples by Tuesday 11th of December at the latest here: https://apply.atalent.fi/deltamarin-data-engineer-11-2018 Please mention your salary request and possible starting date in your application documents.
You can familiarize yourself with Deltamarin here: https://www.deltamarin.com/ . For more information about the recruitment process contact aTalent’s Recruitment Manager Meeri Sarkkinen (+358 50 4350511, meeri.sarkkinen[at]atalent.fi).
At the beginning of this position you will be employed as aTalent employee at Deltamarin but your employment will be changed to permanent after the trial period.