VaasaETT is a leading market analytics consultancy, specialized in energy and related market issues in nearly 100 jurisdictions around the world. For over a decade our experts have provided support for energy companies, governments, regulators, innovators, the financial sector, and other stakeholders based on the most extensive and advanced market insight. Since inception, we have also kept a strong focus on the energy consumer and have helped drive the energy transition towards greater sustainability, having for instance co-founded what is today SmartEn (Smart Energy Europe). At the heart of our differentiation is a network of thousands of experts and specialists on four continents with whom we collaborate to gain global reach, knowledge, and best practice. VaasaETT’s truly global focus is reflected by our diverse client base covering 6 continents, 30+ Fortune Global 500 companies, the European Commission and governments, authorities and other stakeholders around the world. VaasaETT is headquartered in Helsinki, Finland, with an additional office in Greece, and key partners across Europe and in Australia, New Zealand, Asia and the United States.
VaasaETT, a leading energy consultancy, specialized in complex retail and consumer-centric energy issues in over 80 markets around the world, is looking to hire an Energy Market Modelling Analyst, based at their Helsinki office. You will join VaasaETT’s Enterprise Energy and Sustainability team, providing analytical (non-engineering) and practical support for our large commercial customers. Your primary tasks will involve project-based consulting for different clients by forecasting prices, modelling, data analysis and visualizing data. In this role you will get to work with truly international clientele, develop your skills regarding analytics and become a professional regarding the energy sector. If this sounds like something you would enjoy, keep reading!
The role will include:
- Conducting power markets and country analysis which supports the development and execution of our clients’ global energy procurement strategies and assists them to achieve their sustainable development goals,
- Modeling and forecasting the fundamentals and dynamics of power markets and prices around the world,
- Interpreting the impact of regional, national, and international sustainability trends on power prices and broader energy supply costs. Identifying the opportunities afforded by those trends for our clients’ sustainability goals,
- Synthesizing quantitative and qualitative insight into informative and easy-to-understand deliverables to our clients,
- Work closely with the analysts in our Enterprise Energy and Sustainability team to deliver the above
Our ideal candidate for the position is someone who has excellent analytical skills and experience in energy modeling, yet able to see the bigger picture, the patterns in data, the drivers, and interrelationships between them. You have an active attitude and a curious mindset. You also want to look into the future, to predict and even change it as our clients want to. You are comfortable cooperating closely with customers (even at a senior level) and you are skilled when it comes to “telling a story” with data. Also, your communication skills are strong.
You easily handle variations in the length and the workload of projects, and you have a flexible attitude and don’t mind tight deadlines or work in the evening if the customer’s time zone requires that (only occasionally). Even though you work efficiently you always pay very close attention to details. You are a self-starter, but you also enjoy teamwork.
We are looking for someone with:
- Relevant master’s degree (for example in Energy Modeling, Computer Sciences, Mathematics, Physics – or other numerical degrees – Statistics, Economics, Environmental Economics – that supports the tasks)
- Experience in mathematical modeling, knowledge of optimization methods and algorithms
- Experience in manipulating data with Python (preferred) and/or MATLAB programming languages
- Excellent written and spoken English skills
We consider as an asset:
- Fluency in additional languages
- Experience in/knowledge of energy markets and/or advanced market analysis
We can offer you:
- Truly international work community
- Versatile position that allows you to challenge your skills
- Chance to learn about consultancy as well as energy sector
- Competitive salary
In this position you will be employed directly to VaasaETT. This is a full-time, permanent position. We can only accept applications from those residing in Finland or with the right to reside and work in Finland and are able to start within a few weeks of being recruited. VaasaETT is an equal opportunities employer.
Did you get interested? Please submit your application letter (including salary request and first possible start date) and CV by 20.6.2021 via our application system. Please notice that we might proceed with the recruitment process already during the application period.
You can familiarize yourself with VaasaETT here: https://www.vaasaett.com/. For more information contact aTalent’s Recruitment Manager Milla Saari (+358 50 524 1998, milla.saari(at)atalent.fi).