Ecolane is about people, not software. Ecolane’s software has been developed to move people. The cost savings, efficiency, and increased productivity that Ecolane’s customers experience as a result of the product is a side effect they are very proud of.
Ecolane is a fast-growing leader in web-based transit scheduling and dispatch software. The company was founded in Finland, and the research and product development team is located in Espoo. Ecolane has over 10 years of experience in developing the product, and it is already used by over a hundred customers in the U.S. It is an excellent time to join the ride. You can read more about Ecolane at www.ecolane.com/finland
At Ecolane you will be joining a team of talented and enthusiastic people, where each person takes both pride in and responsibility for making our product even better. You are willing to solve tricky problems on your own but have no fear of communicating with others or questioning the existing solutions. You will be working with our core product based in Java. Your job will mainly consist of implementing new features to the core product, writing specifications and maintaining existing code base.
Our product is based on Java core, Android application and Ruby on Rails modules. We use MySQL databases with Hibernate. Our solution collects passenger eligibility and funding information, allows for the entry of trip requests from passengers, automatically creates schedules for efficient routing on transit vehicles, dispatches the schedules through advanced mobile data terminals, collects and communicates performance data and provides reports for local, state and national stakeholders on every aspect of the service from on-time performance to driver performance to billing information.
To succeed in this role, we hope that you have:
- Proficiency in Java and ORM, with a good knowledge of their limitations and workarounds
- An understanding of the fundamental design principles behind a scalable application and a solid understanding of object-oriented programming
- Excellent problem solving skills
What Ecolane can offer:
- An opportunity to be part of responsible and meaningful product development
- An independent role and the possibility to influence the way you work and solve problems
- A great opportunity to develop as a software professional
- Flexible working hours and a cozy office
- Great work benefits (lunch, phone, healthcare, insurance, gym etc.)
- An opportunity to gain deep insight into and knowledge of a changing industry
- A relaxed working atmosphere and super nice colleagues: Ecolane’s people look after each other
If you’re the Java Developer we’re looking for, send your CV and application in PDF format latest on April 11th here: https://apply.atalent.fi/ecolane-java-developer-3-2019. Tell us what you have done and what kind of projects you have worked on before. Please mention your earliest possible starting date and salary request.
For more information about the application process, contact Recruitment Manager Cécil Fagerström (+358 50 505 3170, cecil.fagerstrom[at]atalent.fi).