By joining IQM, you will enter a deeptech company set up to drive fundamental advancements in quantum computing technology. We are a world-class team of quantum physicists, engineers, and software experts working together to create new value for quantum computing. IQM is integrated into the high-tech campus in Otaniemi near Helsinki, providing a state-of-the-art cleanroom and perfect lab conditions. Working in the metropolitan area means enjoying the modern Nordic lifestyle in one of the most attractive and the happiest countries in the world. We have strong ties to other European quantum efforts and our international team is connected to business leaders and high-tech companies around the globe. Together, we aim to shape the future by developing disruptive technologies for quantum computing.
IQM is now looking for a (Jr.) Software Engineer to a focused, collaborative startup environment to support the development of quantum computing – do you want to be part of this? IQM, a growing startup company with more than 20 professionals, builds scalable hardware for universal quantum computers, focusing on superconducting technology addressing the next big challenge: scalability. They are developing 2nd generation quantum processors based on proprietary technology that allows them to significantly speed up the clock speed of quantum processors. Quantum computing will revolutionize industries like drug discovery, materials science, and finance by solving complex problems in hours instead of years, and as the largest quantum computing hardware company in Europe, IQM aims to demonstrate the fastest qubit reset and readout in the industry.
As a Software Engineer, you will be responsible for developing further and maintaining layout design software and supporting quantum engineers working with the hardware. More specifically, your primary focus is on supporting the quantum computing by developing the software which is used to design the on-chip layout of the quantum processors and other components. Your work will mainly consist of developing, testing, and documenting your code. In this position, you’ll have a great opportunity to grow with a small, but quickly growing company. In the future, you’ll get to participate also in other software development projects that will come along. IQM is constantly growing and that provides great opportunities to proceed in your career the way you prefer.
We are looking for a highly-motivated candidate with independent problem-solving skills and a natural capacity to learn and master complex systems and unforeseen practical challenges. This position is ideal for someone with a proactive attitude towards hands-on work and an ability to be flexible and adapt to new situations in a rapidly changing research environment. However, support and help from skilled colleagues are always near and IQM provides a hands-on orientation program for the new employees. The software development team currently consists of five software engineers.
We hope you have:
- Studies from a relevant technical field
- Independent programming skills with Python
- Some previous work experience from software development (e.g. summer internships) – we are also open for experienced developers
- Interest towards the field of quantum computing
- Strong teamwork skills
- Professional skills in English
- Previous experience from software testing and test automation
- Knowledge or experience from any other programming languages
- Knowledge or experience from databases (e.g. SQL, No-SQL)
IQM offers you:
- A possibility to work in an ambitious, growing and international environment of a start-up company
- A possibility to grow and learn a lot of the unique domain of quantum computing
- A hands-on orientation with highly-skilled and experienced peers, and support when needed
- A great working atmosphere and office facilities at Otaniemi with good public connections
- A permanent employment contract
- A competitive salary and benefits such as devices of your choice, lunch, gym, public transport and parking area benefits, travel insurance for work and free-time and wide health care benefit
In this position you will be employed directly to IQM.
Interested in joining the crew? Please submit your application letter, CV and academic transcript of records in PDF by latest 17th of November via our application system here: https://apply.atalent.fi/iqm-finland-jr-software-engineer-11-2019. Please mention your salary request and possible starting date in your application documents. If you have a LinkedIn, GitHub, Stack Overflow, or similar profile, please also link them to your CV.
You can familiarize yourself with IQM here: https://www.meetiqm.com/. For more information about the recruitment process contact aTalent’s Recruitment Manager Miili Reponen (+358 50 475 4889, miili.reponen[at]atalent.fi).