Chromaflo Technologies is a leading independent global supplier of colorant systems as well as chemical and pigment dispersions, serving customers in architectural and industrial coatings and the thermoset composites market. The company headquarters are in Ohio, USA. We leverage our industry experience and innovation through 15 locations on 6 continents. Commitment to excellence is driven by three core values: quality, speed and service. Chromaflo employs some 700 colour professionals globally.
Chromaflo Technologies manufactures colorants in Europe at its factories in Sittard and Maastricht, the Netherlands, and in Vantaa, Finland. The number of employees in Finland is 40 and, in the Netherlands, some 200. In point of sale locations, the selection and dispensing of colorants is managed by the software developed by Chromaflo Technologies. You can familiarize yourself with Chromaflow here.
Chromaflo is looking for an enthusiastic and open-minded Junior Backend Developer to strengthen their small but innovative software development team located in Vantaa. The team creates and develops solutions for end-users, such as paint departments at hardware stores. In this role, you develop and maintain the tinting process-related drivers and software. You take care of the communication between the software and connected hardware and ensure flawless operations.
Your main tasks are
- Interface external hardware’s and connect them into the driver modules
- Development of backend modules and support in the development of related frontend modules
- Creation of prototypes to introduce new software functionalities
- Improve, test and deploy existing modules
- Participation in the definition of development specifications
- Advising and consulting internal stakeholders, such as e.g. software support
As an ideal candidate, you have a passion and interest in developing yourself and your skills. At this point we expect you to have good skills with Python and have some understanding of other basic programming languages. In addition to this, we hope you have basic knowledge of relational databases. As you will be working in a small team and with technical support we expect you to be a team player and have a positive attitude. We hope you are not afraid of expressing your ideas and thoughts. Chromaflo encourages their developers to try and test new, fresh ideas and transform those into new innovations appreciated by the customers.
Chromaflo offers you:
- A big growing global company and possibility to connect with professionals around the world
- An agile changing work environment, where new things are developed
- A chance to take responsibility and develop yourself in coding
- A good atmosphere at the office and good supportive colleagues, which is shown as a small staff turnover
- Flexible working hours, possibility to work partly remotely
- Good employment benefits, such as lunch and culture benefits, comprehensive occupational health services, and modern tools and devices
We require you to have:
- Education from relevant field (e.g. computer science)
- Some working experience or experience of personal projects using Python – e.g. internships, summer jobs, school projects, or on your own initiative
- Ability to read instructions (technical documentation, SDK)
- Basic understanding of relational databases, especially MySQL
- Excellent written and spoken English skills
We consider as an asset:
- Good understanding of programming interfaces made in C, C++, C#, .NET, REST, etc.
- Experience in frontend modules
Sound like you? Please submit your CV in PDF-format or share your LinkedIn-profile (cover letter optional) by the latest 30th of June via our application system. Feel free to mention your salary request, possible GitHub (or similar) profile, and preferred starting date in your application documents. Remember to use the application system, we do not accept applications by email.
For more information about the position, you can contact Chromaflo’s Software Product Manager Tuomas Backman 22.6.2021 between 13-15. (+358 40 737 5776). For more information about the recruitment process contact aTalent’s Recruitment Manager Jenni Tontti (+358 40 750 8821, jenni.tontti[at]atalent.fi).