Navigil was founded in 2010. The acquisition of Fastrax’ track & trace business in 2011 started the journey to become one of the leading providers of wearable telecare products and services. The world’s smallest analog wristwatch Navigil S1 with GSM mobile phone and GPS location features supported by Navigil Rafael services was launched in September 2014. Despite the small footprint the Navigil S1 has one of the longest battery life in the market. Two out of three leading EU telecare providers use Navigil technology. The second generation analog telecare wristwatch S3 has been launched in February 2018. Navigil solutions are being used in 30 countries around the world.
Now Navigil is one of the leading providers of wearable telecare products and services in the world. Navigil offers its users quality of life and independence – freedom to live safely at home. Also families and relatives enjoy peace of mind thanks to features such as voice connection, emergency call, fall detection as well as location and wellbeing information. Both the user and society benefit (https://www.navigil.com/).
Navigil is looking for a Frontend Developer who is ready to advance their career and dive into the fascinating world of wearables and healthtech. We aren’t looking for a ready-made guru – instead we seek somebody who really wants to learn, develop and grow. This is why we don’t have an extremely strict set of skills that you need to master for you to apply; the role has room to be altered in the long run according to your knowledge and preferences, and it can grow with you. Currently Navigil is a team of 20, but to get ahead we need your help.
In the beginning your job will consist of developing a new dashboard with modern web technologies that will replace an old PHP-based version. The dashboard will be a service for the customer’s of Navigil’s product, the world’s smallest analog wristwatch with GSM mobile phone and GPS location features. When a MVP of the updated service is completed there will be room for developing new features and updates. According to clients’ and the internal team’s ideas the service will be tweaked; this also leaves room for personal development as there are interesting improvement opportunities for instance towards machine learning or a mobile-based solution.
- Knowledge of software development (school, work or personal projects)
- Knowledge of Web UI -technologies (HTML, CSS)
- Interest to work in a startup environment in the rapidly evolving wearable sector
- Good skills in English
We appreciate, but don’t require:
- Knowledge in cloud technologies (especially AWS) and the basics of databases (especially SQL)
- Understanding of full stack development
- Interest towards mobile solutions (implemented with React Native)
- Flexibility with working times and tools
- Mentoring, to help you grow towards your full potential
- Fast-growing firm with laid-back colleagues, where everyone is truly devoted to creating a high-quality product with relevant technologies
- Real possibilities to learn and develop with the company and create your own path within
- Competitive salary and benefits
In this position you will be employed directly to Navigil.
Please submit your application letter (in PDF) where you tell us a bit about your interest and motivation towards this specific position and Navigil. Please also mention your salary request, possible starting date and attach any links that could be useful for us to check out (for instance your GitHub, Bitbucket or LinkedIn). Of course, also submit your CV (also in PDF) here: https://apply.atalent.fi/navigil-junior-frontend-developer-6-2019.
For more information about the recruitment process contact aTalent’s Talent Agent Julia Helander (+358 40 5215168, julia.helander[at]atalent.fi).