Holvi is a digital banking for freelancers and small business owners – a service built by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs. Holvi makes their customers’ lives easier by giving them a complete platform to launch, grow and manage all aspects of their finances. The vision is to create a new banking model: “Entrepreneurship-as-a-service”. Holvi is currently connected to the core European payment schemes (SEPA), Mastercard, Visa, and other international card schemes. The company was founded in 2011 and is based in Helsinki, Finland. Currently the service is expanding to European markets and the company employs over 100 experts with the aim for significant international growth in the coming years. At Holvi, we work on a fully in-house built software stack with teams where everyone contributes and has a real impact!
Holvi is looking for a proactive Junior Frontend Developer with an interest towards financial and payment systems. In this role, you will develop new features and also improve the existing UI to make it look, feel and work better. Holvi’s product development unit has organized in teams of 5-8 experts (consisting of developers, analyst, product owner and designer) focusing on different features of the product visible to end users: on-boarding of new customers, payments and invoicing, accounting and finance. Your team will be determined according to your interests and skills, and can be switched also later on. You will work as a full-fledged member of an international, agile team, with the possibility to contribute in everything Holvi’s developer team creates.
We require you to have:
- Hands-on software development skills (minimum requirement: summer jobs and hobby projects)
- HTML/CSS/SASS experience
- Some experience in web application testing (unit testing and integration testing)
- Experience with build tools and version control
- Fluency in English: at Holvi you will work as a part of an international team
We consider as an asset:
- Skills in AngularJS
- Understanding of REST/JSON APIs and API authentication
Holvi can offer you:
- A possibility to create a meaningful and unique product with modern tech stack directly for the end user – making life easier for entrepreneurs and freelancers
- A relatively small team with low hierarchy and freedom to plan your own work. Responsibility and ownership of your of the end result your team produces.
- A culture of sharing, learning and contributing – includes e.g. weekly tech sharing sessions, guilds for special interest groups, and product demos
- A truly global work environment and market: Holvi employs people from over 25 nationalities at offices located in Helsinki, Berlin and Madrid
- Good opportunities to grow and advance in your career (e.g. by team rotation)
- Competitive salary, flexible working hours, comprehensive health care packages and other benefits
In this position you will be employed directly to Holvi.
Sounds like you? Please submit your application letter and CV (in PDF) by latest July 9th, 2019 here: https://apply.atalent.fi/holvi-junior-frontend-developer-6-2019 . Please tell us a bit about your interest and motivation towards this specific position and Holvi. Also, please mention your salary request and possible starting date in your application documents. Last but not least, attach any links that could be useful for us to check out (for instance GitHub, Bitbucket, LinkedIn…).
You can familiarize yourself with Holvi here: https://about.holvi.com/fi/. For more information about the recruitment process contact aTalent’s Recruitment Manager Anna Kerava (+358 44 204 9486)