Ametek is a world leader in the design, development, manufacture, and sale of radiation detection components used in X-ray and gamma-ray detection. These are used primarily in X-ray spectroscopy, for analytical chemistry in laboratory and portable applications, and in nuclear and space research.
We are looking for a detail-oriented and driven Manufacturing Engineer for Ametek Finland. Your responsibilities include the execution, improvement, and development of daily production processes and is responsible for co-operation and communication with VTT’s and Aalto University’s clean room staff. The Manufacturing Engineer will oversee dedicated production processes to meet timely delivery of AMETEK Finland’s products. The Manufacturing Engineer will also contribute to improving the quality of production and documentation of the production processes.
- Work with regular production of radiation detectors, radiation windows and other products of the Company.
- Scheduling, prioritizing and supervision the manufacturing activities to ensure on-time, on-target deliveries.
- Execution and development of data collection of the production work for quality control purposes.
- Careful and systematic development and execution of the quality control processes to ensure traceability of the manufacturing process history.
- Work on documentation and maintenance of the production processes.
- Identification, analysis, and solving of any issues and improvement opportunities related to production processes, together with other team members
- Technical background (B.Sc. or M.Sc.) for example in process engineering, bioinformation, chemistry, electrical, electronics or related
- Experience in production or process engineering from industrial manufacturing, preferably in the technology sector
- Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment
- Fluent language skills English, both written and oral
As part of the process, a substance test is mandatory. In addition, since the Amtek Inc. Espoo office is located in a building that is administered by VTT, all employees need to pass the Finnish Security Intelligence Service’s security screening.
We consider as an asset:
- Experience with clean room processing is considered as an advantage
- Previous work experience in industrial process engineering or related
- Finnish language skills
We are a small team of experts embedded to a larger corporation, so you’ll get the perks of a flat and agile team, but also the benefits and support from a corporation giant with annual sales over 5 billion. At Ametek, we hear your vision and give you the chance to affect our processes. The quality of our product is our pride, and we recognize mistakes as learning opportunities. We give you the space and support to learn from them. Our organisation culture is open and active, we trust our employees and want to provide them a stable, yet diverse work atmosphere.
In this position you will be employed directly to Ametek Finland.
Sound like you? Please submit your application letter and CV by latest 31.10.2019 here: https://apply.atalent.fi/ametek-manufacturing-engineer-10-2019 Please mention your salary request and possible starting date in your application documents.
You can familiarize yourself with Ametek here: https://www.ametek.com/. For more information about the recruitment process contact aTalent’s Recruitment Manager Milla Saari (+358 50 524 1998, milla.saari[ät]atalent.fi)
What’s it like to work at Ametek? Check it out yourself.