WordDive is an award-winning AI-based web and mobile app for learning languages. We are the first player on the market that offers real-life language proficiency with one unique app. With the app, users will quickly attain the ability to speak a new language in different situations, including work, travel and free time. Our method is based on Finnish pedagogy, developed in cooperation with the leading AI researchers from Tampere University. Having a solid funding base and over 700 000 registered users, WordDive is on a fast growth track and aiming for strong international growth in the coming years. The innovative WordDive method was patented in US in October 2018. The technology publication Red Herring chose WordDive as one of its Top 100 Global startup companies in 2018.
Our team is located in Tampere and consists of over 30 members working in product development, design, learning materials, marketing and customer service. Through an open work atmosphere and flat hierarchy, you will be able to affect matters within the work community. Although we work ambitiously, we know how to have fun! Read more about WordDive here.
We are looking for competent and highly motivated Mobile Developers (Unity or native-iOS) to develop our innovative language learning app. We are aiming for remarkable international growth and scaling the application for large user volumes. Therefore, we need to ensure that our infrastructure and application are ready for the growth. We need your help to make this happen and to rebuild the mobile application!
You will be involved in all parts of the application development from sprint planning to delivery and testing. The actual tasks and responsibilities will be tailored according to your interests and skills but can be related for example to UI development, setting up the application architecture, or integration work with the backend API. You will be involved in deciding how the application is built and what kind of technologies will be used. You will work with a team which consists of a lead developer, two junior mobile developers, one backend developer, one lead game developer as well as two UI designers. In addition, you will be supported by the team of AI experts.
We are looking for mobile developers having a comprehensive understanding of software development and experience in professional mobile development as a part of a team. We have room for developers with versatile backgrounds:
You may be an experienced Unity mobile developer with solid programming skills, as our current app for learning English is built with Unity. You have at least a couple of years of work experience in Unity development, preferably for mobile.
Or then you are an iOS developer and interested in learning mobile development with Unity. We expect you to have at least some work experience in native iOS development (Swift and/or Objective-C). Ideally, you have been involved in developing an iOS application all the way from the start to the launch in App Store and to maintenance.
We expect you to have:
- Work experience in mobile development (Unity or native iOS)
- Good understanding of software development and good programming skills
- Independent approach to work, good problem-solving and collaboration skills
- Ability and willingness to learn new things
- Good English skills
We consider as an asset:
- Suitable educational background (e.g. software development, computer science)
We offer you:
- A meaningful job: you will get to support people’s language learning and leave your mark in the development of an AI-based application which is to be used by millions of people globally.
- A chance to join an award-winning startup in an interesting growth phase and to scale the product to international markets.
- Great possibilities for professional growth: based on your skills and interests, you will get more responsibility and a chance to jump for example into a product manager’s role in the future.
- An inspired work environment and good team spirit. You will join a multidisciplinary team that supports and encourages its members.
- Open work atmosphere, laid-back work culture and low bureaucracy. We regularly organise free-time activities and small trips for our team members.
- Spacious, freshly renovated office with sauna facilities in the factory area of Tampella.
- Competitive salary
In this position, you will be employed directly to WordDive.
Sounds like you? Please submit your application letter and CV (in pdf) by latest 4th of February 2020 via our application system here: https://apply.atalent.fi/worddive-mobile-developers-unity-ios-1-2020. Please mention your salary request and possible starting date in your application documents. If you have a LinkedIn, GitHub, Stack Overflow, or similar profile, please also link them to your CV.
For more information about the recruitment process contact aTalent’s Recruitment Manager Anna Kerava (+358 44 204 9486, anna.kerava[at]atalent.fi).